Binding Problems P2V

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone is able to assist, Been through most of the posts on here relating to binding problems but still lost.

I have a P2V with wifi range extender model RE500 and FC200 wifi camera.

Been struggling for the past few weeks to get the app on my iphone to communicate with the phantom, I have followed the binding process to the T but still no luck,

I have reset the range extender it broadcasts wifi signal once reset, as soon as I open the DJI Vision app and connect to the range extender i follow the binding process by scanning the QR code it accepts and reboots.

However when trying to connect to the range extender again it fails, either does not find the network or says failed to connect.

The camera and wifi extender both transmits a signal before binding but after that no luck.

The camera is working as I can hear the motor running inside.

Any ideas?

Can you see the RE500 with it's "correct mac address" info. when you go into Settings/WiFi "after" you have scanned the QR code? What I do is to first enter the mac address information to bind the Extender and after you get the bind was successful message, "then" scan the QR code. Based on that, I assume the QR code is what controls access to the camera by the WiFi. It must be done in that order or no camera function will be available to the WiFi. The symptom of not doing in that order is what you are experiencing.

1. Bind the mac address first, after successful bind message is achieved, then scan the QR Code, that should result in a working camera link to your iphone.

Hope this helps

What I'm about to say is obvious but since you're new, maybe it isn't obvious.

You want to be sure your iphone is connecting to the correct wifi signal - that being the one coming from your Extender, not the one coming from the router you have in your house.

Hey Gents,

Thanks for the advice, @Markmnd Yes it is connected to the Phantom SSID and not my home router,

@ johnp44 I have tried what you recommended but it still gives me the connection to phantom failed message.

All firmware on phantom is current, however not sure if the cameras firmware is up to date. I have tried updating it but it doesnt seem to be reading the sd card with the new firmware on.

when phantom is rebooted with sd card in no lights appear to indicate it is even reading the card. The came has power as i can hear the fan running but nothing.

I have even tried to take a photo and record video as well but nothing saves to the card, have tried several other cards as well.

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    219.8 KB · Views: 388
  • image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    334.1 KB · Views: 363
  • image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 383
Wesley - the motor you hear is not the camera. There is no fan in the camera. The motor you hear is the gimbal.

You say there is a wifi signal coming from the camera. Are you sure?

Is it possible your camera is bad? You should see a green lamp on the back of the camera when you turn it on (It'll be red or yellow at first and then it'll turn green). If you don't have a green lamp, that's your problem.

I just bound my new (used) camera to my extender a few minutes ago. Everything went smooth as silk. This is the second time I've done this (first time was because I replaced the E500 with an E700). I followed the instructions straight from the manual.

If you have the QR code, it's easy.

The instructions start on the bottom of page 15 of the Vision manual:

4.4 How to Bind the Camera & Range Extender

If the camera and range extender connection is lost, or one of them needs to be repaired or replaced, a camera and
range extender binding will need to be performed via the DJI VISION App.

1. Power on the camera and range extender. Note: (Place the camera power switch to the ‘WIFI ON’ position).

2. Approximately 30 seconds later, press the reset button on the range extender with a thin object until the Wi-Fi signal indicator turns off. The range extender will then restart automatically.

3. Approximately 30 seconds later, the Wi-Fi signal indicator should start to blink green, which indicates the
range extender is now ready to be bound.

4. Find and select the Phantom_xxxxxx via the Wi-Fi list on the mobile device to connect the range extender.

5. (Fig.1) Run the DJI VISION App->Settings->General->Binding. (Fig.2) Select ‘Scan the QR Code’ to scan the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Fig.3) When you see the camera SSID (E.g. FC200_0xxxxx) and the MAC address, select the tick on the top right corner. The range extender should automatically restart. The binding procedure is now complete.

©2015 DJI. All Rights Reserved

<end paste>

Hey Marknmd,

Yes there is wifi signal coming from the camera i downloaded a program called inSSIDer and it displays both my phantoms ssid and the cameras as a hidden ssid. the interesting thing is that when the phantom is on and the Fc200 is in the off position there is a green light on the back of the camera, however when i move the switch to camera on or wifi there is no light at all not even a flashing light.

I have checked all cables and ribbon cables both outside and inside the phantom and all is in order.

i think the camera might be fried, do you know if the camera can be factory reset as per dji?

Regards
Wesley

I think we should concentrate on the why you get a green lamp when the camera switch is in the off position. Maybe you could tell us more about the camera. Where did it come from?

its the stock camera that came with the phantom, I bought the phantom over from a friend. he had it for about a year and only flew it about 6 times till it started giving the failed to connect problem.

the green light on the backof the camera is only there when the phantom is switched on and the camera is in the off position. as soon as i slide the switch to cam on or wifi it disappears and the gimbal starts running.

but refuses to connect on the app, doesnt seem to be reading the memory card as previously mentioned.

This all sounds familiar but can't seem to put my finger on it. The light thing is strange and you could be hearing a fan motor
as it is one in the bottom of the 200 . 9F2C19E6-E163-45E4-A854-E2682E7B54F5_zps0xizlvhi.jpg Had to get one from J Dot as I have misplaced all my camera pictures .
He will look at this also as he's slick with these.
If this was an issue when you got this it's no telling what the guy you got it from did to it .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Aha, there IS a fan in there. Thank-you Dirk.

Anyway, my Vision's gimbal moves the moment I power up the Vision, and it also moves if I pick up the Vision and rock it forward or back, and this is way before the camera has had a chance to connect. I'll frequently place it down and I can still hear the gimbal motor humming, but when it does, the camera is either pointing at max up or max down. The humming stops or at least gets very low if the camera is pointing anywhere off from max. So I assume the sound I hear at the midpoint (if I hear a sound) is the gimbal. But I suppose it's possible the sound I hear is the fan.

We could find out for sure by disconnecting the gimbal cable.

Well that gimbal does make a noise but the light thing has me puzzled .It's almost like the switch is backwards .Don't know how that can be
but I'm wondering if this camera has been into before he got it .
It's like was said ....the light is not on behind camera with it switched off .
I had all this down pact before I got that standard and have had my head in that so much this old brain is having to reboot to get back into Vision mode :) Will be reshelling mine in the next few days and will hopefully get all this back in my head .
If the guy that had it before did go in it it's no telling what it might be and it might be something really simple .
@J Dot stays in these camera's a lot and when he see's this he might see right off what it is .

I just did a few quick experiments. I never turned on the extender or the monitor at any time.

Controller off, camera off, power up the phantom. Camera gimbal moves from max up to max down and back to max up. It stays there and doesn't move if I rock the Vision.

Controller off, camera on, power up the phantom. Camera gimbal does exactly the same thing. No difference whatsoever.

Controller on, camera off, power up the phantom. Camera gimbal moves from max up to max down and stays there. But this time, if I pick it up and rock it, the gimbal moves the camera to keep it pointing in the same direction, even with the camera off.

Controller on, camera on, power up the Phantom. Camera gimbal does exactly the same thing. No difference whatsoever.

The sound I hear seems to be the same in all instances which tells me the sound I hear seems to be the gimbal and not the camera fan.

Seems to me checking out the switch is the next move but we can wait to see what JDot says.

The good news is, these days you can find a cheap used Vision camera in perfect working order for around $150.

Hello Guys/gals
J Dot is here! Lol.....

Ok
First:
Camera / Gimbal are 2 different entities, in other words they work independently from each other, you can unplug and remove the camera, but gimbal will still work, and still move up-down by tilting phantom up-down! Same way in reverse, you can remove gimbal and duct tape the camera to belly of phantom, and it will still work!

So we may have 2 issues here?
Next ( word of warning: it is never good habit to PLUG-UNPLUG, or SWITCHING things ON-OFF, with phantom powered up! ) can cause main board burnout! Just a heads up, plug or switch BEFORE you power up ( better safe than sorry )
I think you are fine though, as you are getting a green light, so your problem is elsewhere!

Ok,
Camera:
With camera plugged in, power switch set to OFF, phantom ON ( tx don't matter yet ) you should have NO LIGHTS, & NO FAN running, basically a dead camera, like it was unplugged!
Same as above but with power switch set to ON, or WI-FI, you should get a short YELLOW flash, followed by a solid GREEN light, light will turn yellow when recording pic-video, then back green when done recording!

SD card
Could be a bad connection in the SD card slot in camera? I noticed more problems with the super fast SD cards, and personally, I had the best luck with a cheap $8 32gb Walmart SD CARD! ( but that is only my opinion )

Ok,
The problem with the camera can be a simple wiring problem ( crossed or shorted lead? ) or a bad power board in camera! I'd have to see some pictures, of things to see, I'm going blind as of now!

My question is this:
You said you used the InSSIDer ( android ) app, to search hidden SSID NUMBER ( MAC address ), but when you searched it ( and physically seen it on screen ) what was camera set at? ( on-off-or WI-FI )?
Next you said you seen both extender and camera signals!
Are you sure you read the right signal? As all DJI products start with ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) the 6 question marks being your SSID number or Mac addy!
( try turning only phantom on and camera, no extender or TX ) rescan and record your findings, for later use ( just the last 6 digits )

I'll need to see inside phantom ( on mainboard where big white camera wire connects to camera port ( closeup of the wire colors to 6 pin plug, although only 4 are used, center being pos-negative, I need the yellow and green placement.
Next I'll need to see inside camera egg, I can help with disassembly of you need, there is a correct way, as you can break stuff easily, so take your time, remove things carefully, but sounds like a power board issue?
Contact me if you need assistance, always glad to help, I even have an extra camera or two laying around, let me know!

J Dot

JDot - did you catch the part where his lamp is GREEN when the switch is on the OFF position? And his lamp is DARK when the switch is anywhere else?

JDot - did you catch the part where his lamp is GREEN when the switch is on the OFF position? And his lamp is DARK when the switch is anywhere else?

Yes,
Sounds like something is shorting out in camera, or the wiring is backwards, back feeding camera!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
:D I knew you knew, You know I knew, you know? :rolleyes:

J Dot
bn0hR.gif
And you know I'm the funny guy right ...
yaaaa you knew that:)
BaHahaaaa

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic