Bigger screen for pro 4 +?

Reaction score
When will a bigger screen be available as an option on the Pro 4+? I would rather wait for the bigger screen.

DJI has not announced the possibility of a larger screen. I'm doubting we're going to see such an option unless the P4P+ is wildly popular. That doesn't seem to be the case based just on the number of P4P+ owners we see here.

Could be.It seems now the Here vs Google is also another frustration? Maybe they jumped the gun on this one? Waiting for these quirks to improve is an option I can live with. There's always tomorrow , next year etc. Time will tell.

When will a bigger screen be available as an option on the Pro 4+? I would rather wait for the bigger screen.
You can supply your own larger screen with the non-plus P4 pro.
If you are patient DJI have announced they are bringing out their own monitors similar to the P4pro+ but there will be larger models.
http://www.dji.com/crystalsky
Could be.It seems now the Here vs Google is also another frustration? Maybe they jumped the gun on this one?
Waiting for these quirks to improve is an option I can live with. There's always tomorrow , next year etc. Time will tell.
Actually the Here Maps are inferior but the mapping is something that is hardly used by most fliers so that's a very minor inconvenience.
If you only get your info from the few complaints you find online you aren't getting a true picture of how good the P4pro is.
The complaints are all trivial and don't stop you getting great use out of DJI's best Phantom so far.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
Bigger screen? My guess is not until the P5 Pro is released. Oh.... and when will the P5 pro be released? In time for Christmas 2017 of course. Prior to that DJI may release a P5 and leave the pro model for late in the year.

As tech prices drop for components you'll get more for the same price as now.... so I would expect that in 2017 a 7" screen will be the standard.

Until such time you have the CrystalSky controllers as an option.... whenever DJI releases them. They will be costly at first but I would think they will become the standard and included in bundles like what happened with lightbridge (for those who have been flying DJI drones for 3 years will remember this).

All of the above is just my guess, I have no inside information.

Sent from my SM-P550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Buying an iPad pro to fly with has been useful in so many other ways, even if it was more expensive. It would be interesting to see them release a larger p4p+ screen size, but knowing what I know now I'd recommend most people the tablet if they can afford it. It's been great for workflow and entertainment, and I use it all day, on and off the RC. I've never had a tablet before this one though, so maybe I'm a little biased haha.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As the drones are getting popular, a new huge market for dedicated fpv / field monitors is emerging out. DJI is also moving in the right direction and we will see high quality monitors soon.

My only concern is that we should not fall into "Apple type of trap" that unless you buy DJI monitor, you can't fly a new generation DJI drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As the drones are getting popular, a new huge market for dedicated fpv / field monitors is emerging out. DJI is also moving in the right direction and we will see high quality monitors soon.

My only concern is that we should not fall into "Apple type of trap" that unless you buy DJI monitor, you can't fly a new generation DJI drone.
I have fios/verizon wireless wi fi. Do you think the apple I pad 2 wi fi /celluar 32 gb ( Verizon wireless ) would be a good choice for the p4p?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31