Beware this company!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi every body
Just a warning about a company I tried to buy some Tali H500 batterys from. Their name/web address is:
www.pinetronkamera.com
They say that they buy old stock and overstocked items and sell them at a discount price, so I ordered 3 Tali H500 batterys that they had in stock (59 in stock so I thought I'd have three) at a really good price of £29 each. I paid for them, got the reply that they would be sent the next working day and sat and waited. I got the tracking number, and tracked the parcel all the way from China with China Post took nearly a month to come (no problem not in a rush) but instead of a fairly large box that I was expecting, got a small grey bag. When I opened it up I found a pair of disgustingly ugly womens sunglasses (no really really ugly) in a Tom Ford case. I got in touch with the company straight away and sent them pictures to show what I'd recieved.
Leave it with us they said, we'll sort it and give you a refund or re send the items you ordered. Waited a few days, then got an email saying it was a mistake by the delivery people and they offered a refund of 32% and I could keep these God awful sunglasses. After a load of hassle and another 2 weeks of arguing with somebody 9000 miles away, I thought I'd cut my losses and accepted 50% refund just to get something back. Up to now, I still haven't had any refund, although they said it would be in my account in 2 days (2 weeks ago).
So I'm down £90, but I do have a beautiful pair of sunglasses, if anybody wants to buy them!
Just had to mention it as they advertise unobtainable parts for Mavics (any sort) and various other DJI and other major companys, all at very cheap prices.
Remember the name www.pinetronkamera.com, and steer well clear of them at all cost, otherwise you could be next to get a pair of lovely sunglasses!!!

Reactions: Shoot4fun
There should be a forum category for just this type of cra_.
The more people that have this type of information, the faster they lock the doors. Just like the guy the other day selling a P4P plus new in box for
850.00. What’s up with that? After a few back and forth emails, he gives me an address in Los Angeles that doesn’t match up with addresses on either side of the one he gave me. Told him to send me a picture of him and the new in box phantom in his arms in front of “his business”.
Haven’t seen that yet.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

It's not really the money that bothers me, it's the total rubbish that they came out with, " the despatch company had made a mistake"! When I said they only delivered what they were handed from the warehouse, they started on another track trying to say I'd ordered the wrong thing. I stopped that by sending a screen shot of my order page, which ended with them telling me I'd got to send the ugly glasses back to get a 32% refund!
Then the statement that they had already lost the cost of the items and the postage so they couldn't afford to give me 100% refund.
Total and complete liars, giving genuine companies in China a bad name (worse than the ones they've already got).
Never again!

I’ve had a similar event from China. Same deal. They sent the wrong item then wanted ME to take the hit. Luckily it was on an eBay site. I got a total refund.

Yeah hotrod, I'm with Ansia. Need to see these shades, modeled of course, to determine their worth. ?

Reactions: Pharm
And thanks for the heads up on this webstore. I'm pretty hard pressed to buy anything that has to come from China, if for no other reason than the wait.

Brad

Reactions: umanbean
So I took the shades to work as I'd said one of the girls could have them, and everybody swears they're genuine Tom Ford Sunglasses at £250 a pair! Well one lucky young lady's got a nice present.

Just had to mention it as they advertise unobtainable parts for Mavics (any sort) and various other DJI and other major companys, all at very cheap prices.
Sorry but, there's your very first clue right there - if it sounds too good to be true...

Hope you end up getting at least some of your money back!

So I took the shades to work as I'd said one of the girls could have them, and everybody swears they're genuine Tom Ford Sunglasses at £250 a pair! Well one lucky young lady's got a nice present.
Well that's right nice of ya Hotrod! Kinda disappointed you didn't model em for us though... ??

Brad

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I ordered two 18v drill batteries and one wouldn't charge (on eBay)The seller wanted me to send them back to China when his address was Sydney on the listing .He had kindly given me the return addressed written in Chinese..... .In the end he had to refund the lot and I got to keep the working battery.
Always use PayPal if possible.

Whenever i make a purchase from an unknown company I rely on PayPal. If there's no PayPal option, there's no transaction.
The PayPal option is OK, if the company is in the U.S. I recently purchased an item of clothing from China. Actually, didn't know it would be coming from China until I clicked on the button to complete the sale. The item arrived after about a month. It was a size for a very tiny person. PayPal authorized sending it back. Checking with the post office, it would've cost me about half of the price paid to ship it back.

All of that being said, I've purchased MANY items from China, with no problem.

Had a similar "Bait & Switch" ordering high quality Garmin Dashcams. Received cheap quality cams instead drop shipped from China. I've been arguing with the credit card company (Citi) for 3.5 months now about getting refunds. Very poorly handled by them. They are very inept. When it's concluded, I'm closing the Citi account. Glad it wasn't something expensive like a sUAS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic