Best way to transfer 4K Video to iPhone?

Reaction score
Hi,
newly bought my phantom 4 pro,
Just trying to figure out how to send video files that i cannot download onto my iPhone via the app (above 1080p)
Whats the best way people have found or is it not possible?
Also the video feed is very laggy and blurry sometimes green or black screens, do i have a failed camera or is my phone not up to the task of streaming live HD video?
Thanks
Phil.

Happy Flying.

It'll let you save the 720p which is often a recording of your phone screen....but sometimes when the video signal glitches, that gets recorded as well.

Turn off video caching, choose custom channel and lower bit rate streaming. That can help your live stream. You can look into an SD card adapter to get your SD card footage into the phone. Also Dropbox comes in handy to upload to and then pull from with any device.

If you intend to edit 1080 video on your iPhone, that's a bad idea. If you only plan to view raw video, I presume the best way is to transfer the file using iTunes, connected to your computer that you're editing the video on. You should only transfer an edited video to minimize the storage space needed on the iPhone, otherwise you'll run out of space quickly on the iPhone.

You can always view "like" video on the iPhone by caching the 720 resolution video, assuming you're flying with that phone via Go4. It may have glitches, the amount depends on your setting for "transmission quality". Lower bitrates have less glitches.

Use lightening to card reader adapter or post it on YouTube and watch it on iPhone

Can I also point out the obvious. Regarding your phone data plans. If you want to upload your last 10 minute flight your using an S TON of data. You can literally use your whole months allotment while uploading 1 movie. I'm getting a lightning to micro sd reader. I also have an iphone with 128gb so watching a few should be an issue. I'll personally be uploading when I get some wifi.
Ps- I have original files from the drone on my iphone. Works awesome - iphone 7 plus.

Just want to transfer 4k video to iPhone, the easy way is using iOS Assistant. After connecting iPhone to computer via usb cable, start the tool. A short time scanning later, you can easily import video to it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
If you intend to edit 1080 video on your iPhone, that's a bad idea. If you only plan to view raw video, I presume the best way is to transfer the file using iTunes, connected to your computer that you're editing the video on. You should only transfer an edited video to minimize the storage space needed on the iPhone, otherwise you'll run out of space quickly on the iPhone.

You can always view "like" video on the iPhone by caching the 720 resolution video, assuming you're flying with that phone via Go4. It may have glitches, the amount depends on your setting for "transmission quality". Lower bitrates have less glitches.

Why is it a bad idea? Is it technical or space or ??? I can edit 4K on my iPhone. Other than the screen is small what’s the issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4