Best way to mount a DJI AVL 58 Tx in a 45 degree angle?

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member of this forum and as a phantom 2 + h3-3d owner. I have tried to search among the existing topics but have not been able to find the answer to the following question:

I have bought the AVL 58 package with Tx and Rx + cloverleaf antennas and in the manual it is stated that the Tx should be mounted in a 45 degree angle to improve the reception. Can anyone provide some pictures how to accomplished this in the best way or if you have tried other mounting options with even better result?

Thanks!

Mardstam said:
Hi, I am a new member of this forum and as a phantom 2 + h3-3d owner. I have tried to search among the existing topics but have not been able to find the answer to the following question:

I have bought the AVL 58 package with Tx and Rx + cloverleaf antennas and in the manual it is stated that the Tx should be mounted in a 45 degree angle to improve the reception. Can anyone provide some pictures how to accomplished this in the best way or if you have tried other mounting options with even better result?

Thanks!

Hello. I couldn't figure out any way of doing it like that on my Phantom 2, so I just fitted it flat underneath and have bought a third party longer antenna to replace the really very short stock one in order to get a clearer signal and not be blocked by the gimbal and Phantom shell itself.

I interpreted that to mean the antenna should be at a 45 so, using the provided antenna which has a short but bendable cable, I bent it to a 45. Works fine. On my heavier rigs, I mount the tx on a leg (90 degrees) and bend it out.

I don't go for long distances but this works for me past 600 meters and that is as far as I need to go. I'm sure it would work well past that, though. The reception is very clear at that distance.

Attachments

• antenna mount.jpg
    antenna mount.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 696
"blade strike" on rcg 3d-printed a small bracket to do exactly this. Seems pretty easy to sketch one up, but maybe ping him to see if he has any extra or can share the plans?

ladykate said:
I interpreted that to mean the antenna should be at a 45 so, using the provided antenna which has a short but bendable cable, I bent it to a 45. Works fine. On my heavier rigs, I mount the tx on a leg (90 degrees) and bend it out.

I don't go for long distances but this works for me past 600 meters and that is as far as I need to go. I'm sure it would work well past that, though. The reception is very clear at that distance.

I tried that initially, still got some loss of signal when heading back towards home - then discovered the antenna documentation says that the antenna should not be bent more than 28 degrees for max performance. Like you I'm not interested in massive range, but would like a cleaner signal in all orientations.

Thanks for all the replies!
I guess there's a lot of different mounts that will work fine. I haven't decided yet how I will do it. I still have some basic flying (LOS) left to do before I will have the courage to fly it FPV-style(!).

Mardstam said:
Thanks for all the replies!
I guess there's a lot of different mounts that will work fine. I haven't decided yet how I will do it. I still have some basic flying (LOS) left to do before I will have the courage to fly it FPV-style(!).

Once you have FPV running, it is kind of sneaky. One minute you are LOS and the next you are referring to your screen to see which way to fly to get back. It is a fun modification and very useful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl