Best tablet to use with P3S

Reaction score
I have an old android Motorola phone and use it with my phantom 3 standard and I want to upgrade to a tablet because I expirence alot of lag and freezing.

Does anyone now what the best budget tablet (Max : €230) to use with my drone?

Thanks
Ben

Reactions: grandpap4p
I've been using a Samsung Tab E dedicated for my P3S without any trouble. But I've heard of other Samsungs giving people problems. Also I'm running an older version of GO.

I'm using an ASUS ZenPad 8 and NVIDIA Shield K1. I have fewer hiccups with the ASUS. The Shield works but is running Android 7 and doesn't seem to like Litchi as well as Android 6. My ASUS is still on 6 and I don't plan to move it to Android 7. The ASUS is around $179 US or €154

Last edited:
I use my Samsung Note 5 phone when flying in residential areas and my Samsung Tab A 10.1" in wide open spaces.

I used an iPad Air for a few months but went back to my iPhone 7+ because the glare on the iPad was so bad. I had the brightness all the way up, but the reflection was still nearly unusable. I use a tempered glass screen protector on both devices.
In low sun the iPad is nice however.

I’m using a Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact with no problems at all. But pls note this I am a casual user and don’t use Litchi. It’s a tough tablet and occasional lag and it’s bright enough. Way better than the iPhone 5s I was using.

I use my Samsung Note 5 phone when flying in residential areas and my Samsung Tab A 10.1" in wide open spaces.
What controller holder do you use? Does the Inspire controller holder open wide enough for the Samsung tab a 10.1"?

Yes. I installed the DJI Inspire 1 (part 45 I think??) mobile device holder on my P3S controller. There's a few videos in youtube on how to do it.

I installed the DJI Inspire 1 (part 45 I think??) mobile device holder on my P3S controller. There's a few videos in youtube on how to do it.
Yes, it's part 45. They can be purchased here on Amazon at a good price.

I have detailed instructions for installing this mount on a P3S remote controller here.

Reactions: Sputnikxws
I have an old android Motorola phone and use it with my phantom 3 standard and I want to upgrade to a tablet because I expirence alot of lag and freezing.

Thanks
Ben
I have a used iPad mini. It is the perfect size and you should be able to find one for about $100 USD.

Thanks
Ben
DJI CrystalSky monitor. Save up your money and get it, nothing better is out there then this new monitor dedicated to DJI drones.

DJI CrystalSky monitor. Save up your money and get it, nothing better is out there then this new monitor dedicated to DJI drones.
That is correct. The DJI CrystalSky is the one highly recommended. I had the Samsung Tab A before I got the drone. Just needed to remove all the crappy apps to free up the tablet resources and it worked for me. Saved me some bucks. Getting the Inspire 1 device holder was a no brainer for me.

That is correct. The DJI CrystalSky is the one highly recommended. I had the Samsung Tab A before I got the drone. Just needed to remove all the crappy apps to free up the tablet resources and it worked for me. Saved me some bucks. Getting the Inspire 1 device holder was a no brainer for me.
Yeah I think I will do the same.....have you had any problems with the tab A e.g. lags, freezes?

Yeah I think I will do the same.....have you had any problems with the tab A e.g. lags, freezes?
It lags/freezes just before connection or signal warnings comes up. That's why I don't use it when flying from my backyard (residential) but no problem when out in open fields.

I asked this question myself. I decided on the Google Nexus 7 it works awesome. Mostly decided on it due to it being the brightest screen available on a tablet when I purchased it about 6 months ago. I paid $75 US on eBay.

Reactions: kromar
Hi people, I have a P3SE. I bought a dual sim 32gb Rom 2gb Ram 4G tablet for $120 from a known Chinese site who also sell drones and they assured me it would work. It did except for that annoying and dangerous 4-5 second lag from drone/camera to tablet. I tried every setting inc turning off video cache and all other apps and reducing video from 4K to 1080P and got less lag but still 3 seconds. The last firmware "update" has that "Gimbal Disconnected" error on it and I crashed the tablet trying to fix only to find out that it is a DJI error and they will fix in next update and said just fly it and ignore the warning?? Sorry but I'm not taking the chance. I'm on a budget and just bought for $100 a secondhand in perfect condition Samsung T335, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE ...Android KitKat. I was advised to downloaded the October firmware 3.1.11 APK from a website and switched off updates and did the same as mentioned about turning off cache etc.. and I have no lag issues at home. I haven't taken it out yet and am nervous as if it ends up with lag, that's it I'm selling the drone as I just can't afford to spend hundreds on more tablets. There's way too many updates that are causing too many problems. I bought the drone to enjoy flying it and taking pics etc.. but I seem to be spending more time frustrated and crashing tablets. Does anyone else have the same tablet as the one I bought? Hopefully it's good news!! Here are the specs of the tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE - Full tablet specifications

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20