Best tablet/phone to use with pv2+

I humbly present the billet aluminum iPad mini mount my friend Mike machined for me... :)

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 509
Moose said:
First of all thank you for giving me an intelligent response. I ran the address you gave on this Galaxy 10.1 and it gave me a message that it was redirecting me too another website. It just sat there with that message for 30 minutes, with me hitting refresh every 5 minutes. I tried running it on the device I wrote the post about, and it kept telling that the "webpage might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address". ???????
Anyone???
Please.....
Free Antenna......
Moose

Moose,
That link is in the play store, uninstall the app and then go back into app store and search for the vision app. DONT INSTALL IT THE NORMAL WAY, go down into into the description and it will give you the link. I copied and pasted it from my tab 3 8" maybe the app store knew I was accessing it from my model of tab and thats why the link didnt work because I posted it. Go try and click on the link yourself and see does it hang again? The play store knows what model of phone or tablet you are using to access it and downloads the correct version of an app for you device, its the only reason I can think of why the link didnt work.

coolbob said:
I humbly present the billet aluminum iPad mini mount my friend Mike machined for me... :)

WOW I just saw this holder for 1st time, very nice & my type of fit with the "billet alum". I guess I will visit my old machinist I worked with for years while racing cars. Thanks for the idea!
M

I have both Galaxy S5 and iPad Air. Hand down, no competition: iPad Air.

I can see so much more clearly with ipad air then I can with Galaxy S5 and its tiny screen (yes, i understand it's a relatively big screen for cell phone)

I bought a Nexus 7 tablet for use with my V+ and have been quite happy with it thus far - though I do plan to buy a sun shade for it fairly soon. It's "OK" when flying without a shade, but when using the V+ in the middle of a sunny day the screen does get washed out and hard to see.

This thread should be made into a poll with different screens or phones.

I'd like to hear as many opinions as possible to what people prefer and what works well.

Currently, I just use my Iphone 5 and like many already know, the screen is too small and in bright sunlight, it's virtually impossible to use. For right now it's fine and because I don't rely on the screen much, preferring to fly by sight. Eventually though I will probably have to purchase something else and probably a tablet. Don't need another phone and would want something that is big and bright.

BTW, cool mount for the mini, Bob.

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to a tablet for a display screen? Down the road I think I'm going to have to purchase something bigger and brighter for FPV on my PV2+ but don't really want to buy a tablet just for that, I have no use for one otherwise.

Also, do any of these bigger screens really make a difference from a typical cell phone in being able to actually see the LCD screen during bright sunlight?

coolbob said:

Very nice. Is he intending making and selling :)

Also, what holder is that you are using?

Thanks

Is there any advantage to different models of iPad mini 1, 2, 3? Like does anyone know if one has a better wifi reciever than the other?

I have a generic Chinese piece of **** phablet, seems to work a treat. I bought it for the Phantom, but I also use a Android tablet, iPhone, iPad etc.
Really I reckon it all comes down to what screen you can see easiest.
In my opinion all hardware and platforms work!
The Chinese phablet is a wee bit temperamental about starting up BTW.....

I bought an Acer 8" tablet. It works great and the bigger screen really helps. After I bought it I discovered that it does NOT have a compass inside. Because of this it won't work for POI, follow me, etc. all the fun stuff. The apps load and it works great, just no POI, follow me, hot point, etc.
I practiced and learned how to do POI by myself.

My Nexus 7 works fine,I fabricated an aluminium extension bracket fixed to the existing smaller clamp,this works well but the controller is a bit top heavy,I sometimes use a tripod with a custom made mount.It fits in the case OK without alteration.
IMG_0370.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers