Best SD Card for P3P

Reaction score
What is your recommended SD card for the Phantom 3 Pro?
Figure I would get a 64GB card. Since the specs say 60 MBPS does that mean I need a card that has a write speed of at least 60 MB/sec? IS there any added benefit of using a card above 60MB/sec?

What are the important SD Card specs to watch out for? (In additional to the Class 10 card)

The SanDisk Extreme PRO is the best memory card available right now -- it writes at 90MB/s. There are some other good options here.

What are the important SD Card specs to watch out for? (In additional to the Class 10 card)
DJI recommends a Class 10 or UHS-1 (best choice for recording 4k video) memory card. The maximum capacity is 64GB.

Most memory cards are advertised by their read speed. The write speed is most important though. The Phantom comes with a Lexar card that writes at 40MB/s. So, you should at least choose a card that writes at that speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Christensen
I'd recommend a class 10 but UHS 3. I'm pretty sure this is what comes with the Pro version. UHS 3 might not be needed but they are not that much more. I bought a 32gb card for $23 and I think the 64 was $43.

Last edited:
60 mega bits per second not mega bytes. You need an SD that write at 7-8 mega byte per second.

Why is the p3p sd card limited to 64gb?
Has anyone tried a 256gb card to see if it will work?

Why is the p3p sd card limited to 64gb?
That's what DJI advertises, but some people have reported that 128GB memory cards work just fine too.

That's what DJI advertises, but some people have reported that 128GB memory cards work just fine too.

So I use a Sandisk ultra 64 and it works just fine.

I slipped my Samsung EVO 128GB from my Note 4 in my P3P just now and recorded video and pictures to it just fine. So a 128 will work.

Lots of threads on this, just check "similar threads" below. Short version:

4K/UHD Video is recorded at 60Mbps (Mega bits per second), which is 7.5MB/s (Mega Bytes per second).

The SD card designation "Class 10" and (U1) both mean that the card is capable of sustained sequential write speed of 10MB/s.

Any "Class 10" mSD card is sufficient. Purchasing a faster card will only speed up the transfer of data from the card to your computer.

The P3 camera has a bug (feature?) that locks the SD bus at the slowest speed (12.5MB/s), so the P3 is not capable of taking advantage of faster cards. The only time a faster card would be useful is rapid multiple photos, such as 5 photo AEB groups.

Reactions: PhantomCrescent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers