sd card

Reaction score
just had a 16 minute flight and my sd card 64gb class 10 has always saved the flight complete but today filming in 1080 it cut at 10 minutes and restarted for the rest of the flight, why?
p3p

plus Ive just received a factory refurbished p3p battery, arrived pressed button and 3 lights flashing so ok, charged it up had a low level flight then checked on airdata and saw a low cell, as photo, is this safe to fly?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
just had a 16 minute flight and my sd card 64gb class 10 has always saved the flight complete but today filming in 1080 it cut at 10 minutes and restarted for the rest of the flight, why?
p3p

plus Ive just received a factory refurbished p3p battery, arrived pressed button and 3 lights flashing so ok, charged it up had a low level flight then checked on airdata and saw a low cell, as photo, is this safe to fly?
I wouldn't trust that data. It won't be accurate when starting with a less than fully charged battery, especially a battery thats been sitting inactive for who knows how long. Fully charge it and fly again and check the numbers.

I wouldn't trust that data. It won't be accurate when starting with a less than fully charged battery, especially a battery thats been sitting inactive for who knows how long. Fully charge it and fly again and check the numbers.
I did fully charge it for the first flight then let it cool and charged it up again had another low level flight and this is the result from airdata

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 222
Your vidio cache might need clearing,?,,does dji app say say voltage and cell deviation,,,since these are smart batterys to me a deviation of 1 cell can give inaccurate reading and or mayby give issues like a autoland or worse a total shut down like I experienced so unless a minor deviation I would be inclined not to use it for flight,,,this is just my opinion due to losing a p4 to battery error,,no batterys not cheap either but neither is your drone,,,just watch it carefully if you still use it,,

Reactions: dronesky
Your vidio cache might need clearing,?,,does dji app say say voltage and cell deviation,,,since these are smart batterys to me a deviation of 1 cell can give inaccurate reading and or mayby give issues like a autoland or worse a total shut down like I experienced so unless a minor deviation I would be inclined not to use it for flight,,,this is just my opinion due to losing a p4 to battery error,,no batterys not cheap either but neither is your drone,,,just watch it carefully if you still use it,,
Hi Ian, thanks for your reply
I don't cache my videos on my tablet and the sd card 64gb was also empty, also I don't use DJI APP I use litchi all the time, the battery in question has just been bought as a factory refurbished, it is a genuine dji one, I've had 2 low level flights with it, I've just had a reply from the seller who contacted their product manager who said it was normal as it's not a new battery ?? 2016. I know it's not new,
my No 1 battery shows 0-0-0-0 my No 2 shows 2-3-1-28. my No 3 battery shows 4-2-6-32 but all in the green, this was the one I was replacing,
it would be interesting to see the results from others that use airdata, to see how mine compare. anybody willing to post pic's?
just a thought I've been flying multiroters for years even before DJI started also before airdata, I wonder if I'm a bit paranoid by reading too much into airdata.

more info
just played back the whole flight on airdata, the most deviation was 0.031v , looking at the data as shown in photo there's no problem unless you get over 0.07 deviation then it goes into major deviation, so maybe this battery is ok, another thing I noticed was that the reading on playback hit 0.031 (highest reading) just after takeoff, from then it started to drop down to 0.023 then after about 7 minutes it read 0.009 then the last 5 minutes or so it was showing 0.002 finished just before landing 0.001

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Your typical SD card comes Formatted in FAT32 which has a maximum file size of 4GB. So when a file being saved reaches 4GB, this file segment is completed and is written to the Directory. This file continues Saving with a new file name. This is normal, simply connect these files when editing.

Further, this 4GB file size limit could continue until the drive is full.

HTH, Captain Bill

Your typical SD card comes Formatted in FAT32 which has a maximum file size of 4GB. So when a file being saved reaches 4GB, this file segment is completed and is written to the Directory. This file continues Saving with a new file name. This is normal, simply connect these files when editing.

Further, this 4GB file size limit could continue until the drive is full.

HTH, Captain Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for your explanation, it does sound correct as yesterday i did fly longer than normal, i was trying to use up a battery,
thanks for clearing that up.
ray

it gets more confusing now, I've just had my 3rd flight using this battery, fully charged, now the 3rd cell is showing ok but No 1 is showing deviations, last flight it showed 0 now see pic ? there was 10 seconds that the deviation went up to 0.036 on cell No 1
I think Im going to totally ignore these results and use this battery for the next few flights to see if it will settle down:cool:

Attachments

• 222.JPG
    222.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 194
You would be better off watching the cell voltages in battery info on your device while flying, you can monitor temp and flight time as well in that screen. That will give you clearer and instant cell voltages and you can see the difference in how they drop/jumparound while flying in different ways, climbing hovering descending etc.

Your batt is just fine.
Sich deviations is frequent and does not means anything. Better to look cell graphs amd if you get a big difference in one (1 min of more than 0.1) then the batt is going to its end.

Your batt is just fine.
Sich deviations is frequent and does not means anything. Better to look cell graphs amd if you get a big difference in one (1 min of more than 0.1) then the batt is going to its end.
thanks, I've checked the cell graph and hardly any difference also I've had a reply from airdata that says similar to what you said so no problem with buying a factory reconditioned OEM battery for £50.
many thanks for taking the time to reply

Attachments

• Capturegraph.JPG
    Capturegraph.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member