Best range mod?

Since you're asking what the BEST distance mod is, I've tried them all and it's 14db panels for the wi-fi and 15 turn helical. The only bird side mod you need is (1) Circular antenna at the rear for the 5.8 control signal. There's a thread called "this is gonna to be fun!"
Where are used several antennas throughout the thread, boosted and unboosted and posted all the results.
With this set up I've taken the standard and the vision +2 extreme distances with great FPV.
24117d84019f1c36f0d2f3935b3b824f.jpg
36f28814e39136a9f5bbc5fca8d01336.jpg

bbebf88a23f3e8f4493152a503e4e6f2.jpg

That's the best antenna set up ever, but these will work too.
e4e99a0c98d7b88762c58143e0cfe5a7.jpg
3d6282684686a16ec38cbb6f86bf7911.jpg
6ccb3b0667bbe60868744b424166dc4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Whoa nice!

How about some links on where to purchase this equipment?

Nice use of the tripod, now I know what to do with mine!

...and do you leave one of the stock receiver antennas and just replace the second one with the clover leaf?

Reactions: Matts175
I ended up buying the dbs, installed it last weekend. Before I did I tested it at work and lost all signal at 2700ft @400'. Today I took the same path, lost signal at 4000ft @ 400' . I'm happy with these results just not impressed. I'm also seeing a lot more random sig. drops with this setup over stock. Which makes me a little nervous.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well my first DBS runs were 4000 to 5000' before RTH kicked in, then I went to a couple different locations and got 9000' to 10,600'.
I just returned to one of those locations today and only made it to 5000' with the DBS. On the other hand the Alfa mod with three M25's reached 4000' at the same location. Not bad.

I'm going back tomorrow to try the DBS with a Sansuns booster on the transmitter signal to see how that works.

IMG_1914.PNG
Here's the Alfa mod with three M25's.

WOW. Simply, WOW.

Would this antenna work for a not so modded set up?

36f28814e39136a9f5bbc5fca8d01336.jpg

This (1) mushroom antenna is only used to maximize the awesome 15 turn cannon. It wouldn't help much with the stock p3S remote. All the answers each of you are looking for are in the first 200 posts of this very long thread...

"This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)"
That thread has some of the most useful discussions on distance mods for the P3S that's ever been posted.

Reactions: Matts175
I don't doubt that's the location that's limiting me. I'm going to try some more areas. I did however have some issues flying about 300 feet into the ocean. Could've been the heavily wifi'd area I was standing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

This (1) mushroom antenna is only used to maximize the awesome 15 turn cannon. It wouldn't help much with the stock p3S remote. All the answers each of you are looking for are in the first 200 posts of this very long thread...

"This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)"
That thread has some of the most useful discussions on distance mods for the P3S that's ever been posted.

Wonder if that antenna would work with a boosted DBS?

Wonder if that antenna would work with a boosted DBS?

Yes, use the boosted DBS for the Wi-Fi signal, and use the 15 turn helical for the control signal. If you guys just check out that other thread, you'll see that I've tried everything and posted about it. Any combination you can think of trying has been tried

Oh I'm reading alright, as a matter of fact I'm working on a tripod setup now. Lol!

Do you use a tracker with that cannon or do you just rely on dead aim?

Yes, use the boosted DBS for the Wi-Fi signal, and use the 15 turn helical for the control signal. If you guys just check out that other thread, you'll see that I've tried everything and posted about it. Any combination you can think of trying has been tried

How were you able to get your hands on the 15 turn helical?

IMG_1920.PNG
13,000 ft with the boosted control siggy on my DBS. Plenty of signal left but I decided to turn back to see how much battery I would end up with. Next time I'll push it past the dam and get over the water.

Wow [emoji15] I just got 2,709 feet with the stock antenna!!! I can't believe you guys aren't getting over 3,00 with Alfalfa and Argtek

Must be location. I crashed my P3P and decided I would not spend $1000 again on an AC, so I went with the P3S and ordered the Alfa parts and will also do a birdside mod for more range. I was a little discouraged by some of the distances you guys are getting with these mods. The Alfa stuff is not here yet so I tested my new P3S stock antenna yesterday on my maiden flight. The manual says the P3S is rated for 3000ft. I went to open desert and got 3200ft using the DJI GO app. I switched to the Litchi app and got 6200ft with 3 full RC bars still left. Battery was a little low from previous flight, so I hit RTH. Can't wait till the Alfas gets here. I hope I get 3 miles lol. I'll keep you all updated. I was surprised that using Litchi over DJI Go doubled my distance. I saw some guy on youtube mention Litchi goes further and he was right. Wow.

What desert?

Just remember height helps with distance and make sure you aim those Alfas directly at the bird.

Last edited:

The Alfas are very sensitive to direction and once you point them just a few degrees off you're coming home.

I tried one M25 for control and two M04's for wifi with very little luck, 1700ft max. Then I tried three M25's with a little better distance of 5000'. I'm sticking with the boosted DBS.

Plus I'm working on building a mega monster antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31