Best P3 Hard Case

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

Are the microraptor and goprofessional the best 2 hard cases out right now for the p3? Which one do you guys like better?

Thanks

I have both (I actually have all of the Phantom 3 Microraptor cases/backpacks). The quality is pretty equal -- both superb. The biggest difference is the Go Professional case is much taller. If you're looking for something more compact, then definitely go with the Microraptor Pro case.

Last edited:
Do you guys know if anyone online is selling the gopro case for under $249?

I got this case "Pelican DJI Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced Hard Carrying Case" from amazon (seller US Hobby) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YAYNQSK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01
It is the lightest, most compact and great quality. The case is a pelican storm IM2600. The foam is beautifully cut!
IM2600-1.jpg
IM2600-1.jpg IM2600-2.jpg IM2600-1.jpg IM2600-2.jpg IM2600-1.jpg IM2600-2.jpg IM2600-1.jpg IM2600-2.jpg

I ordered the microraptor pro case. It seems like the best bang for the buck.

Anyone know if a p2 vision case will fit a p3s? Thanks! Sorry for hijacking didn't want to start a new thread. :)

Still a huge fan of my Tradecraft case. Killer value.

Reactions: Jezzy
I had different requirements and needed something convenient to allow helping carry my drone, while I rYde the SpYder RS-S. So I am more than satisfied with the @dji branded hard shell back pack.
Only wish there were a couple more battery wells. But it holds 3 flight batteries, with a forth in the drone bay. Still pretty awesome.
Ah, I do have very large cargo pockets in my army pants, with room enough for more extra batteries and my second 100w charger. ;-)

If I ever fly on an airline again, and need better protected fear, for my new and undamaged gear, I would certainly be considering any of the ultimate brands-models listed above.

RedHotPoker

I had different requirements and needed something convenient to allow helping carry my drone, while I rYde the SpYder RS-S. So I am more than satisfied with the @dji branded hard shell back pack.
Only wish there were a couple more battery wells. But it holds 3 flight batteries, with a forth in the drone bay. Still pretty awesome.
Ah, I do have very large cargo pockets in my army pants, with room enough for more extra batteries and my second 100w charger. ;-)

If I ever fly on an airline again, and need better protected fear, for my new and undamaged gear, I would certainly be considering any of the ultimate brands-models listed above.

RedHotPoker

I also have the DJI hard shell backpack and absolutely love it. The size is perfect for airline transportation too--fits in the overhead with lots of room to spare and it's lighter (with two batteries) than my 15" laptop, kindle, headphones, etc. Everything fits perfectly.

Keep in mind, those larger cases will probably need to be checked for commercial airplane--and you cannot put the Li batteries into checked luggage. You may find you will have to take the batteries out if you plan to check those large cases.

They look very sturdy though. I'm not sure how well my backpack would survive typical luggage handling on an airline..

This Pelican looks like the best hard case for several reasons:
1. It doesn't have wheels. My microrapter is a nice case, but the case weighs a lot, primarily due to the wheels and extension handle. I have never needed the wheels yet, that feature was a waste of money.
2. It's the closest to adhearing to the 22X9X14 airline limit for carry on. I doubt the 2" wider width of 16" would be a problem. It's the length that's important, 22" is great, and it stores the craft with the props installed.
3. More compact than my Microrapter, and lighter.
4. Pelican has been around for years, a well known quality history.

Reactions: Jezzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31