Best MicroSD card for 100Mbps

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
If people would simply look at the link prior to posting they would see that yes, the price is as stated and yes, the new SanDisk Extreme U3/V30 card is rated for 90 MB/s.
It READS at 90MB/s. It WRITES at 30MB/s and tests show it is able to do this sustained so it is more than enough for the P4P. Buying anything faster for the P4P is literally just pissing money away.

I get my sandisk extreme at costco, it's like $24 for two 32GB sandisk extreme cards. I use these in my inspire 2.

The UHS-1 is not a typo. U3 is a sub class of UHS-1.
Oh don't go getting technical on me ;). You are right, I was just trying to point out that it is a U3 card because the nomenclature tends to be confusing. I was also quoting the 90 MB/s spec to provide an apples/apples comparison to the post I was responding to even though yes, read speed is not particularly relevant in this case and it would have been better to just point that out.

Bottom line, just get the SanDisk Extreme U3/V30 card as it is about the best price performance value out there and spending more will buy you nothing in terms of performance.

It READS at 90MB/s. It WRITES at 30MB/s and tests show it is able to do this sustained so it is more than enough for the P4P. Buying anything faster for the P4P is literally just pissing money away.

I get my sandisk extreme at costco, it's like $24 for two 32GB sandisk extreme cards. I use these in my inspire 2.

Oh, not entirely, youre forgetting stills, if you shoot a bunch of them, bracketing etc, youll def gain from faster write speeds to empty that cache before next round :)

Oh, not entirely, youre forgetting stills, if you shoot a bunch of them, bracketing etc, youll def gain from faster write speeds to empty that cache before next round :)
As I understand it even with stills the write speed is not faster than the 100Mb/s.

UHS Speed Classes is marked with U1 and U3 (UHS mode(Ultra High Speed)) - UHS 3 and is good for Full HD 4K real time video recording. U1 is only good for HD (ie 1080) real time video recording and not 4K.

Video Speed Class is marked with V6,V10,V30,V60,V90 (HS, UHS mode) - The fastest options – V60 (60 MB/s) and V90 (90 MB/s), will support 8K resolution (7680 x 4320), while V6, V10 and V30 capture high-definition and 4K resolution and guarantee minimum sequential write speeds of 6 MB/s, 10 MB/s and 30 MB/s respectively.

UHS-I & UHS-II are the standards for the card bus-interface speeds with UHS-1 supporting data transfer speeds of up to 104MB/s & UHS-II up to 312MB/s.

U3 & V30 are what you are looking for for the P4P anything faster is unnesessary and would incur unnesessary expense.

P4P Specs
Still Photography Modes Single Shot
Burst Shooting: 3/5/7/10/14 frames
Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias
Interval: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s

I think with the minimum interval between shots in burst shooting/exposure bracketing mode of 2 seconds you wouldn't have to worry about the write speed of SDcard whatever card you use.

The UHS-1 is not a typo. U3 is a sub class of UHS-1.
I agree that in the advert UHS-1 card bus interface is correct.
However, the advert states in the details "UHS speed Class 1 (U1), video speed Class 30 (V30) and Class 10 for 4K UHD and full HD video" this is misleading and incorrect since the card is UHS speed Class (U3)

Reactions: F3honda4me
A camera usually have a buffer memory, or cache, the time it takes to empty that before a new round, is what makes the difference, the faster the card, the faster you can start a new round.
Dont know what the buffer size of this one is, or if it even has one.

I know that my 5D buffer holds around 6-7 RAW files, and that it takes 4 seconds after 17-18 RAW files, before i can start shooting again, and thats with a Extreme pro U3 card.
Would actually be interesting to find some specs for this on P4P.

On the contrary, i only shoot this way when photographing from helis, to save time and money, full throttle and fast composing in bracketing mode, zoom in and zoom out, so the exposure counter runs high, i hit the roof at almost every job, not critical, but every minute of saved fuel, is extra bucks earned. Or in P4P case, saved time...

A camera usually have a buffer memory, or cache, the time it takes to empty that before a new round, is what makes the difference, the faster the card, the faster you can start a new round.
Dont know what the buffer size of this one is, or if it even has one.

I know that my 5D buffer holds around 6-7 RAW files, and that it takes 4 seconds after 17-18 RAW files, before i can start shooting again, and thats with a Extreme pro U3 card.
Would actually be interesting to find some specs for this on P4P.

On the contrary, i only shoot this way when photographing from helis, to save time and money, full throttle and fast composing in bracketing mode, zoom in and zoom out, so the exposure counter runs high, i hit the roof at almost every job, not critical, but every minute of saved fuel, is extra bucks earned. Or in P4P case, saved time...

Using P4P I have just done a 5 shot bracketed shot capturing RAW+JPG. Using Photoshop file info.....The time stamp on shot 1 was 22:03:05 and shot 5 was 22:03:06 this is using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 Gb UHS-1 (U3) V10 MicroXD Card. So there is 1 tenth of a second between 1st and 5th Shot. I don't think a faster card would be of any benefit here but I would be interested on your thoughts.

Last edited:
Okay, did a simple test here, shooting in burst mode, 14 exp, raw only. Sandisk Extreme Pro U3
It took 10 secs before i could start a new round, and 10 more before card was finished writing, so theres your numbers.
That tallys with my result shooting Raw+Jpg in 5 shot exp bracketing mode, but 3 seconds if just jpg and 7 seconds just raw

Reactions: gr8pics
We are now only using the Lexar Professional 1800x in all of our drones and we really like them. 270MB/s read, 110MB/s write. Available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

41UCDNtiC3L._SL160_.jpg
I use the 1000x, less expensive than the 1800x with excellent results at 4K 30FPS. Amazon.com: Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 64GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read) W/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card LSDMI64GCBNL1000R: Computers & Accessories

We are now only using the Lexar Professional 1800x in all of our drones and we really like them. 270MB/s read, 110MB/s write. Available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

41UCDNtiC3L._SL160_.jpg
And these work in the P4P??? I ordered one and my P4P wouldn't read it... then with a call to DJI they said it needs a UHS-I not II

What do you think about this MicroSD?

SanDisk 64GB Extreme PLUS UHS-I microSDXC SDSQXWG-064G-ANCMA B&H

I have a Sandisk 64GB Extreme U3 version, but I'm not in my house now and I can't remember if it's V30. With these memory I recorded my last footage of 20 minutes in H265 4K 30FPS. At 5 minutes I had a glitch (in a rapid scene change, a few frames lost) and nothing more. With the original MicroSD I never had a single glitch.
I'm thinking that maybe my Sandisk card isn't enough... but the Sandisk Extreme PRO it's a overkill because P4P don't have UHS-2 and cost double the Extreme Plus (and Extreme Plus have v30 and 90MB/s read write max).

And these work in the P4P??? I ordered one and my P4P wouldn't read it... then with a call to DJI they said it needs a UHS-I not II
I've tried both (1800x and 1000x) and my P4P wouldn't read either one. Fortunately my GoPro camera can use them. I think the Spark can as well, although I doubt it uses the faster speed.

I've been using some PNY 64GB U1 Class 10 cards with my P4P...

I only record in 1080P 24 and 30, and these cards seem to work well for that. Haven't tried any higher resolutions or fps...

Price is right if you're only doing 1080...

To the knowledgeable fellows here...

With a fast micro sd card what is the continuous shooting rate when shooting burst frames in RAW?
(A previous reply, quoted below, indicated that 14fps burst can be made continuously every 10s. But it is not clear if this rate can be kept up for longer - overlapping file write sequences.)

Can please somebody test it that the burst rate can be kept at this rate e.g. for a few minute?

I'm looking for alternatives to the relatively slow, 5s(?) between images interval timer shooting sequence.

Okay, did a simple test here, shooting in burst mode, 14 exp, raw only. Sandisk Extreme Pro U3
It took 10 secs before i could start a new round, and 10 more before card was finished writing, so theres your numbers.

Gets a tad confusing trying to find out which card to get.
I was looking at the ScanDisk Extream Pro UHS-1 16GB Micro SD Memory Card, if i am reading correct, are you saying this is no good?

If it was possible to get a few links to the bests cards that are best suited it would be greatly appreciated, just to make the selection a tad simpler.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3