Best MicroSD card for 100Mbps

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

Which microsd card are you using that can write at 100Mbps?

Thanks

SanDisk Ultra 64G should work OK. Note that the card must be able to sustain WRITE data rate of 13+ Megabytes per second. The SD Ultra is capable of averaging about 16 Megabytes per second.

Be careful about the speed hype for these cards. Many of them have high BURST rates, but can't sustain the speeds.

We are now only using the Lexar Professional 1800x in all of our drones and we really like them. 270MB/s read, 110MB/s write. Available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

41UCDNtiC3L._SL160_.jpg

Hey guys,

Which microsd card are you using that can write at 100Mbps?

Thanks
I am very happy with a Samsung 64 Pro which have caused no incidents so far.

I did have some issues with Sandisk Ultra 64 earlier and have simply moved that one to another camera.

We are now only using the Lexar Professional 1800x in all of our drones and we really like them. 270MB/s read, 110MB/s write. Available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

41UCDNtiC3L._SL160_.jpg

I was about to pick up this card at my dealer today, but then i was advised, that in order to be able to take advantage of the increased read/write speeds from this card, the device must be UHS-II ready, if not, then it will only run with UHS-I speeds, similar to Sandisk Extreme Pro, which is still more than enough.
One of the reasons, is that UHS-II cards have a extra set of pins, and will therefore not initialize maximum speed, but it will still work, just with UHS-I speeds, therefore it will just be waste of money.

To my knowledge, P4P card reader is not UHS-II compatible, can anyone confirm this?

Sandisk ultra are NOT ok to use. They have to be at least U3, while the sandisk ultra is only U1.

A little disconcerting: The DJI specifications for the SD card speed on the P4P is minimum U1. Since U1 is 10MB/sec it is not really enough to satisfy the high bitrate recording (100Mb/s - which translates into just shy of 13 MB/sec). Once again - not sure if I want to believe any of the typical DJI spec claims. Also, according to the same specs, the reader does not support the high-speed card interface.

However, when it comes to the SanDisk Ultra 64G (XC-I) it may well be rated U1, but actual measurements clearly demonstrate a sustained write rate of 16 MB/sec which is clearly more than enough for the P4P at 100Mb/sec recording.

A little disconcerting: The DJI specifications for the SD card speed on the P4P is minimum U1. Since U1 is 10MB/sec it is not really enough to satisfy the high bitrate recording (100Mb/s - which translates into just shy of 13 MB/sec). Once again - not sure if I want to believe any of the typical DJI spec claims. Also, according to the same specs, the reader does not support the high-speed card interface.

However, when it comes to the SanDisk Ultra 64G (XC-I) it may well be rated U1, but actual measurements clearly demonstrate a sustained write rate of 16 MB/sec which is clearly more than enough for the P4P at 100Mb/sec recording.
Uhhh you might want to check your sources? The manual says class 10 or UHS-1 with minimum of 15MB/s write. U1 and U3 are classes within UHS-1. Are you confusing U1 with UHS-1? The important part here is that you need at least 15MB/s write speed AND the card must be either class 10 OR UHS-1.

U3 cards are guaranteed to meet the minimum requirement. U1 generally will not. Just about everyone I've seen on the forums try to use the sandisk Ultra has had issues. I would not recommend that card at all.

Reactions: Jimmers and gr8pics
Also remember that indicated read/write speeds on cards are just theoretical speeds, so yes, you def want a card that have more headroom for write speeds than the max outputted bitrate indicates.
1Mb/s = 8Mbps

The latest SanDisk Extreme card is U3/V30 rated and works very well in the P4P, and is priced well at $30 for 64 GB. The Lexar card is nice but costs twice as much and as gr8pics mentioned you won't be able to take advantage of UHS-II speeds with the P4P.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]: Computers & Accessories

(Note that the text says speed class 1 but this is an error, it it is actually 3 as indicated by the photo.)
U sure thats the right price ? U have to watch with fakes online this is why i buy in store for my sd cards I paid 70 for my sandisk extrme pro u3 v3 at best buy. Even if it is 30$ now i dont regret it. It performs awesome in my p4pro in all formats.

Ahh i see now its just the extreme....man maybe i should have grabbed that card! There is so many variations to keep up with. I do like my extreme pro it is super fast!

Ahh i see now its just the extreme....man maybe i should have grabbed that card! There is so many variations to keep up with. I do like my extreme pro it is super fast!
Stick with the pro ;) The extreme only writes at 60MB/s, the Pro writes at 90MB/s

If people would simply look at the link prior to posting they would see that yes, the price is as stated and yes, the new SanDisk Extreme U3/V30 card is rated for 90 MB/s.

The latest SanDisk Extreme card is U3/V30 rated and works very well in the P4P, and is priced well at $30 for 64 GB. The Lexar card is nice but costs twice as much and as gr8pics mentioned you won't be able to take advantage of UHS-II speeds with the P4P.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]: Computers & Accessories

(Note that the text says speed class 1 but this is an error, it it is actually 3 as indicated by the photo.)
The UHS-1 is not a typo. U3 is a sub class of UHS-1.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik