Best Micro SD card for P3P...

The main thing is not to end up with a bootleg version.
The P3P bitrate is at the low end of 4K and any decent UHS-1 class 10 will do.
You don't need more than 40mbs write speed
I use relatively cheap Toshiba cards because no one tries to fake them - they are only about £10 for 32GB - so I have two so the spare is in the case for those times when I get to the field and discover it is still in the PC slot at home from last time.
This is the most important thing. Any decent UHS-1 Class 10 will work perfectly fine as long as it really is indeed capable of meeting that spec. Buy from a reputable dealer. One who will take it back if it doesn't perform. Don't try to scrimp the cheapest crap off e-bay. There are tons of knockoffs that look pretty good.

I find the 32 GB card at the sweet spot right now. That's a lot of video card capacity.

TL;DR - If it's a real Class 10 device, it's OK. It's not a race, there aren't 'best' cards.

If it's a real Class 10 device, it's OK. It's not a race, there aren't 'best' cards.
I think you mean it's OK for the purpose of saving video to the memory card. There are other important things to consider though:
  • The Phantom will be able to save photos faster if the memory card has a faster write speed. This is most important if taking multiple photos back-to-back.
  • Files can be transferred faster to the memory card if it has a faster write speed.
  • Files can be transferred faster from the memory card if it has a faster read speed.
So, it's really not all about the specs needed to record video. For an extra ~$10-20, it would make sense to buy a faster memory card if any of the above points are important. There really are better memory cards. Choose wisely.

P3 is limited to 11.5Mb/s and 4K is at 7.5Mb/s. An old class10 is enough and wont be any better than a 1000x card.

P.S: sandisk extreme plus (Search on Amazon) is $25 and one of the best card available

Please link the post here if you're able to find it.

Thanks for the link!

Have you tried copying a 64GB memory card full of 4K video to your computer yet? It's quite painful with a slow memory card.

Thanks for the link!

Have you tried copying a 64GB memory card full of 4K video to your computer yet? It's quite painful with a slow memory card.
But that is reading speed no write speed. A decent class 10/U1 should get at least 40Mb/s from USB 3.0 reader.

P3 @ 4K at 7.5mb/s would need to be recording 2.3 hours to complete a 64gb card, meaning 7 batteries.

Stock Lexar U1 633x is enough I think (at least for me)

P3 @ 4K at 7.5mb/s would need to be recording 2.3 hours to complete a 64gb card, meaning 7 batteries.
Yep. I filled up a 64GB memory card and half of a second memory card on an all day shoot.

the P3 can not write faster than 11.5mb/s

DJI Forum|Camera internal transfer bottleneck?
Thank you for that link. Basically it says that you don't need the the 'best' card for the Phantom. But - I would also not disagree with mslinger - high end SD cards are just one step above breakfast cereal prizes these days. Get something decent.

As much as it bothers me to admit it, I've just started to by microSDs for all my cameras. Just leave them in the adapter for real SD applications. The only problem is when you wash them, they are devilishly hard to fish out of the washing machine.

Carmach, that's a nice memory card, but it does not have Extreme Pro speed. If it did, there would be no need to have the Extreme Pro too.

Got it. I was thinking it was an Extreme and not and Extreme Plus. Perhaps it's a replacement for the Extreme Pro since SanDisk apparently discontinued it.

Reactions: Carmach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.