Best ipad

I was using the Air 2 which worked great. Just recently upgraded to the Pro 10.5 inch which is noticeably brighter and less glare in sunlight. Only negative with the larger size is it just BARELY fits in the controller.

Reactions: Cyclone7
I don't know much about Apple I am open to getting either a air or mini but not sure what one and I read that Apple on wifi does not have GPS so if I get say a Verizon will it work if I don't add service and just use wifi

if I get say a Verizon with cellular will it work if I don't add service and just use wifi

Yes, GPS works in a cellular iPad without cell service. You just won't be able to download maps at the flight site. You can't be as spontaneous for flight locations, with mapping.

If you have a Verizon data plan already it's only $10/month to add an iPad. It's worth it to have the ability to download maps on the fly, as well as using the iPad for other purposes, which is added value.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Apple I am open to getting either a air or mini but not sure what one
Since you're not familiar with them, it would be helpful to go check them out in a store so you can see the size of each tablet in person.

I have an ipad air, air 2, mini4 and a pro. I use the mini 4 mostly, perfect size and great performer !

The new iPad Pro has the A10 processor, where as the older version and the mini 4 has the A8 which is much slower. The new A10 cleaned up my video problems and the video speeds. I use the 10.7 iPad and love it. I was using the mini4 and it was nothing but problems.

the 10 would be to big for me most people seem to saying the mini 4 is better than the mini 2 and the 2 I have had serious problems with so I ordered a mini 4 and if I have the same problems I am going back to android

The IPad 2017 is the same size as the air/air2. It has the A9 processor so a nice upgrade over the air 2/mini 4. And it's half the price of the pro. So a good option - that's what I use with my p4p

with the overheating dis you have green screen glitch
Yes, with overheating there will be green garbage on the screen, and it gets worse and worse. When that happens you pretty much have to enable RTH, then take over control when you have VLOS. The RC doesn't overheat, it will control the craft just fine. Try flying the same mission from inside the car with the air conditioning running. That will confirm if it's heat related, but the Mini4 has better tolerance to heat since it has the A8 CPU. I think it will handle ambient temps of around 100F.

I am going to get a sin shade for it but it does seem to be a big problem with some people having the green screen issue

I am going to get a sin shade for it but it does seem to be a big problem with some people having the green screen issue
My iPad Air 2 works in temps above 100F, that's what I'd suggest with a midrange budget. Make sure you fly without a cover if you're using a Mini4, which is also a good option, using the same A8 CPU.

have you flown with the mini 4 or any of the minis I have the mini 4 no cell and just ordered the air 2 just wondering is it a huge difference and is the larger screen a issue

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3