Best free editing Software?

Reaction score
Since receiving my 107 I want to start doing some jobs. What is the best free video and camera editing software?

Free, then it has to be Davinci, especially as it does 4k.
Me I use Premiere, not free, but I have climbed the steep learning curve.

What is the best free video and camera editing software?
There really is no best photo/video editor. You can find a list of commonly used photo/video editors here. Choose the software that best fits your needs.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Since receiving my 107 I want to start doing some jobs. What is the best free video and camera editing software?
Also, you can check out these search results for a couple of hundred posts that may help you narrow down your choices. Cheers!

Reactions: nacraracer
I assume that asking for FREE means like me - you are prepared for limits on editing capability ?

You can go from ultra simple Windows Live Movie Maker - I use this.... too easy !

I also use a more functions Windows Movie Maker 2.6 which brings in the frames and split audio etc.

Or go for more sophisticated stuff like DaVinci - which to be honest I found so overwhelming that I ditched it ...

It really boils down to how far you wish to go in editing .... if its simple editing / adding titles, captions, credits, music and general effects - then Windows Live Movie Maker is all you need.

If you want a bit more ... then look at NCH Software - they do a suite of software that is free for domestic home use ... which includes video conversion as well.

Nigel

Reactions: JazzAir
Another very good free video editor is HitFilm Express. A little easier to learn than Davinci Resolve.

I use iOS platform and like iMovie,Pinnacle Pro, Vee and TextonVS. Vee might be .99cents or so. Soundimage.org by Eric offers free unbelievable music you can add. (Donations are appreciated and credit for music scores- but wonderful)

I love to use Shotcut. It's pretty powerful and easy to get started with. Also, plenty of tutorials available online for pretty much everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik