Best Device for Monitor

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a P4P and thought I was gonna use my first generation iPad mini , only to get home and realize I need a 2 or newer , luckily I have a iPhone 6 Plus and use that , what I'm wondering is , should I try to get a mini 2 or will the processor be a lot worse then the iphones ? Should I just stop being a cheap skate and get a mini 4 for better performance ?
I want a bigger screen then my iPhone , but don't want any more video drops then the one I usually get a flight ? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks folks.

I'd only recommend the new iPad Pro with the A10X processor these days with GO as it evolves. It takes too much resources to run and small stuff seems to handle it less with each newer version. Be prepared for 2018 rather than buy something made for 2017, and then buying an upgraded model again. Went through that costly multiple devices nonsense with the Samsung garbage.

Larger screen works better with apps like Litchi or Autopilot in planning out missions too. Plus, you don't need to resort to a stylus to control some small screen stuff if you got big hands.

I'd only recommend the new iPad Pro with the A10X processor these days with GO as it evolves. It takes too much resources to run and small stuff seems to handle it less with each newer version. Be prepared for 2018 rather than buy something made for 2017, and then buying an upgraded model again. Went through that costly multiple devices nonsense with the Samsung garbage.

Larger screen works better with apps like Litchi or Autopilot in planning out missions too. Plus, you don't need to resort to a stylus to control some small screen stuff if you got big hands.

Hmm . Would I then need a custom mount or would it fit in the slot . I was goin mini so I could use the spot on the RC.

Hmm . Would I then need a custom mount or would it fit in the slot . I was goin mini so I could use the spot on the RC.

Likely you would need the $15 eBay add-on clamp. Some say it fits okay in theirs, but I'd still go with the clamp rather than the squeeze. I find between the small phone screen and the larger, DJI is putting up too many warnings and notices up while flying and making it hard to get rid of the small screen notices without activating the exposure or focus boxes. GO screen real estate is becoming too cluttered, imo.

Go big/better and get something you can grow into rather than buy a bunch of devices that soon need to be replaced. I'd pass on the DJI CrystalSky thing being one cannot add an app to it, and some are already having issues with it on here. No doubt it will be under-powered in time as well with GO, and DJI is very slow to address or fix existing software/hardware matters before moving onto the next sales pitch and new device. "Sales first. Fix problems later, or maybe never."

I have the Ipad mini 4. A8 processer and 132 gigs of memory. Love it. I only use Go App for my P3P and P3A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe