Best cases?

Reaction score
What is the best case you all can recommend for the P4? Are the backpack style protective enough? Look at holding the drone, 2 batteries, iPad mini and a cover for the iPad when it's too sunny.

Thanks

I have a Microraptor case which is great. I also have the backpack as well. The foam interchanges with each other.
Stores alot of stuff here like 5 batteries, remote, 9.7 iPad and 8 props and more. Check it out, it is the best out there:)

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I agree with Alex. It depends what you want to use it for.
I like the big hard plastic suitcase for the great protection. But I have been eyeing backpacks so it will be easier to carry while hiking into places, especially since the only thing my wife likes better than hiking is dragging me along.
Amazon has a great selection.

Here is what I currently offer in cases. Remember if you order anything from me to use coupon code PHANTOM to get the forum discount.

You might want to check Carolina Dronz as well.

CardiacKid, you can find a list of commonly used Phantom 4 cases and backpacks here.

There really is no best cases/backpack. I like the Go Professional and Microraptor Pro hard cases (I own both). And, many people like the Drone Trekker backpack. Backpacks obviously don't have as hard of an exterior, but many offer enough protection for most usual flying activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geeno
It depends on your intended purpose, do you intend to use it for carry on baggage, or just to keep your 'stuff' together? For the latter I use this, cheap, but comfortable for those long portages, I'm sure Amazon.com will have similar, have a look at the reviews for stuff, and you'll soon see what's good and what's not...
Anbee Backpack Rucksack for DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / 2 Vision / FC40 Quadcopters: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Alex. Are you saying that the anbee one is good? I thought it might be an example of what is not but the reviews on Amazon seem favourable despite noting it feels cheap. Thanks C

Here's a vid for the Anbee showing how the guy packs in his Phantom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check out the ProCraft Backpack especially if you have several batteries and accessories. A little big but very protective for all traveling.

If you want a hard case and don't mind doing the cutouts this is an affordable choice:
Plano Molding Large Weatherproof Pistol Case - 18.4in x14.25in x8in -- comes with solid thick foam. About $60. I bought two for my P3s/P4. Will upload pix if interested. Case closed.

Personally, I invested in the Go Professional Compact case. Its dimensions are under the carryon limits. Its really solid, and i like the density of its foam. Remember, your protecting a $1400 piece of machinery. If the intent is to protect it, I wouldnt skimp out on a solid case. Unless you have deep pockets to always buy a new on like Casey Neistat. Haha

CardiacKid, you can find a list of commonly used Phantom 4 cases and backpacks here.

There really is no best cases/backpack. I like the Go Professional and Microraptor Pro hard cases (I own both). And, many people like the Drone Trekker backpack. Backpacks obviously don't have as hard of an exterior, but many offer enough protection for most usual flying activities.
How do you like the microraptor case compared to the go professional. Are the foam inserts of similar quality and durability? I was debating between the 2 and was considering the microraptor cause it has a backpack bundle. In the end, i went with the Go professional since it had lifetime warranty and was located in my hometown.

Just received my compact hard case by case club for my p4 and could not be happier for the protection it will provide

What is the best case you all can recommend for the P4? Are the backpack style protective enough? Look at holding the drone, 2 batteries, iPad mini and a cover for the iPad when it's too sunny.

Thanks
everything you listed you want it to hold mine does and more room...bought it off amazon for $129 had the bigger skb one but took it back as it didn't fit the p4 well at all...very disappointing as i have a skb for my bow and it's top notch for that

I just got the LowePro Drone guard backpack.......really badass! super high quality, fits EVERYTHING with room for more. I have 4 batteries and a boosted remote......plus harness etc.....still not full..

amazon

Reactions: maseman88
Hey Geeno -- $60 bought this case -- weather proof -- plenty of latches -- rigid and ribbed -- comfy handle.
I'd have to say it provides the same protection as a $200 plus Pro case. Put that savings to other P4 stuff like more batteries. etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.23.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.23.10 PM.png
    466.1 KB · Views: 387
Hey Geeno -- $60 bought this case -- weather proof -- plenty of latches -- rigid and ribbed -- comfy handle.
I'd have to say it provides the same protection as a $200 plus Pro case. Put that savings to other P4 stuff like more batteries. etc.
Got a link?

How do you like the microraptor case compared to the go professional
Both are great cases. The foam in the Go Professional case is slightly more dense. I have no complaints about the foam in the Microraptor Pro case though. Both cases are built very well.

I have the Microraptor hard case, it's a first class product. I keep my P3P #2 in it since it allows storage with props installed. This gets me in the air quick, I use it for commercial work. It gives me the professional look in my clients eyes, which is important since Phantoms look like toys. I was going to buy their backpack that uses the same custom insert, but it's not small enough for carry-on for airlines. That's important to me, so I use a ProCraft for my P3P #1 when traveling, and my P4 gets a ThinkTank Helipak backpack since I like it best.

If you're not doing commercial work, I think you'll find that using a soft backpack is the way to go. It's more convenient, lighter, and doesn't beat up the car as much, loading and unloading, versus a hard case. The best part is taking your Phantom on vacation, backpacks generally fit in the overhead carry-on for airline travel, and when you get there you can go backpacking with it. You definitely don't want a hard case for traveling. There are a dozen backpacks out there for P4, I've bought 4 of them, and sent some back. Good luck with that selection. I recommend buying it with Amazon for easy returns in case you don't like what you bought.

Alex. Are you saying that the anbee one is good? I thought it might be an example of what is not but the reviews on Amazon seem favourable despite noting it feels cheap. Thanks C
Hi ChrisW, It's a very good case for the price, I had a couple of issues with poor stitching, which the wife (a drone widow) repaired in a few minutes. I'll have no issues taking it on an aircraft as hand baggage (but I would watch nervously as other people put their stuff in the overhead locker beside it), then trekking around the Pyrenees with it. There's room for all your phantom stuff, water and sandwiches too, without it being some ostentatious giant beer cooler box that shouts 'drone'. It takes a bit of time to sort out the interior partitions, but persevere, and it'll all become clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31