Best Battery Life Tips ??

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on extending the battery time in flight? I need to justify this P4 purchase!!

Car are optimized at highway speeds for MPG. if you go top speed, however, you deplete the battery/gas at an exponential rate. Has anyone found that sweet spot to get the biggest bag out of the battery?

I fly with sensors off, I am sure that has a (very) minor impact.

I would like to do solid flights at 25 - 45mph (in 5 mph increments) to see the flight differences. Keeping wind conditions constant. I doubt I have the patients to do this :/

Thanks

Anyone have any tips on extending the battery time in flight? I need to justify this P4 purchase!!

Car are optimized at highway speeds for MPG. if you go top speed, however, you deplete the battery/gas at an exponential rate. Has anyone found that sweet spot to get the biggest bag out of the battery?

I fly with sensors off, I am sure that has a (very) minor impact.

I would like to do solid flights at 25 - 45mph (in 5 mph increments) to see the flight differences. Keeping wind conditions constant. I doubt I have the patients to do this :/

Thanks
I think it's possibly too early to ask this question.. People have only just got their P4's. To find out optimal settings is going to take time and will vary depending on peoples environmental conditions.

I think it would be a good idea if people could post the settings and environmental conditions here so we can get a good overview of what these optimal settings could be.

I'm still flying with 'everything on' and I'm getting 20 minutes per flight with the battery level going down to 15-20%

Saw this thread, it's crazy old but in lieu of creating new threads, I'd like to bump this.

I was doing my third flight tonight and it felt like a 25 minute flight until I was down to 25%. Any tips to conserve battery?

I do some rigid stops, would more fluid flying exert less battery?

Using p4p

You also have to consider the actual capacity available with the battery you are actually using.

Use the new 5870mah battery from the P4P. That's about a 10% improvement in duration over the stock P3 battery. Fly at about 28mph max, not 40+, that will help. I good way to keep a moderate speed is to fly in P mode with OA turned off. The top speed in P mode is about 32mph with OA disabled, that's about 10mph less than S mode. S mode sucks a lot of power at full speed. Of course, in P mode with OA turned on the craft will do about 18 to 21mph, even though DJI says 22mph. Flying that slow is often not fast enough, unless you're slowing down to capture some video of something up close, where OA may have some value, providing an extra level of insurance.

You also have to consider the actual capacity available with the battery you are actually using.
What do you mean? It's advertised as 30 minutes with the battery it comes with (something like 6000mh)...I was drained pretty quick. Just curious if there are handling methods that help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20