Beginner question - auto take off

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots

First of all thank you for all the advice/tips I have learned on this website over the past several weeks. I will be taking my P3A on its maiden flight this morning as soon as the fog lifts - and I have a question.

Yesterday was spent updating firmware, etc, selecting settings in the DJI Go app and all the other pre flight details. I had the P3A on my kitchen table (propellers off of course) while doing all the checks. I decided to arm the motors to make sure things worked correctly, which they did. I turned everything off for a while then decided to test the auto take off. When I pushed the button the motors fired right up and ramped up to speed and then after a couple seconds they simply shut off. Any ideas why this happened? I tried it once again a while later and it did the same thing.

Wondering if it could be a safeguard reaction possibly because it sensed it was not rising up???

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks again

Exactly, it's a security feature. It probably detect that the RPM is a way too high (no props, so no force again them, resistance).

DJI does not have documentation of what you're describing, but it is working as designed. If you pick up your Phantom after it tries to auto takeoff, the motors will not shut off.

Thanks guys - I'll give the auto take off a try later this morning and let you know what happened.

I'm very excited about this aircraft and am looking forward to capturing a lot of video of the hills/valleys of southern Wisconsin.

Update: The first flight was a total success - the aircraft performed flawlessly including several auto takeoffs. It did exactly what I expected, no surprises and was a pure joy to fly. Very happy with the P3A!

Now to the video editing... :)

Reactions: Numone
Update: The first flight was a total success - the aircraft performed flawlessly including several auto takeoffs. It did exactly what I expected, no surprises and was a pure joy to fly. Very happy with the P3A!

Now to the video editing... :)
Good deal..where in southern Wisconsin? I live in Muskego. Always looking for locals to fly with, share ideas. It sure is foggy be careful and get the app called UAV forecast. Best out there..read about the KP level once inside..gives u wind speed, cloud cover, satellites available etc..must have!
1462989210542.jpg

Good deal..where in southern Wisconsin? I live in Muskego. Always looking for locals to fly with, share ideas. It sure is foggy be careful and get the app called UAV forecast. Best out there..read about the KP level once inside..gives u wind speed, cloud cover, satellites available etc..must have!

Located about 35 SSW of Madison, 5m SW of New Glarus. Thanks for the app info - just installed it. Muskego, a beautiful area - several nice lakes to fly over (or around!).

Reactions: meissner58
Located about 35 SSW of Madison, 5m SW of New Glarus. Thanks for the app info - just installed it. Muskego, a beautiful area - several nice lakes to fly over (or around!).
Oh ok gotcha...Ya I fly over and along shores of Lake Michigan and a few inland lands all the time. I love it ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor