Beginner help

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Been flying for about 6 months now and recently got a P3P. I really want to step up my photography game, but have very little knowledge on photography. Anyone have any books or places to read that they'd recommend?
Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey everyone! Been flying for about 6 months now and recently got a P3P. I really want to step up my photography game, but have very little knowledge on photography. Anyone have any books or places to read that they'd recommend?
Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm guessing you're asking about the video part? If you don't have a photography or editing background (i.e., experience in both), then my simple suggestion would be to just have a look at other Phantom videos on Youtube and find a style you like & then try and copy it.

When it comes to still photos, again it's more about knowing what you can achieve in post production with software editing. The simplest photo or video that everyone with a Phantom will find is "novice-proof" is pointing your camera towards a setting sun and snapping a photo or taking video. As the light goes down in the sky the contrast and colours become richer and objects become very well defined. It's the magical light and it's really hard to mess up a good photo.

Trial and error will turn you into a great photographer!

Good luck.

Reactions: sappercap
Here is a big hint. Use RAW Photographs.. JPG are not very editable. RAW gives you leeway in post production. It is a DNG = Digital negative and is the file that carries the most data. Then you need a program like camera raw to edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: sappercap

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj