Before I buy, how can I figure out where I can fly?

Reaction score
So here's my dilemma. I really want to get a Phantom 3 and I'm leaning towards the Advanced model. I am looking at the Advanced because of the stability of the signal with Lightbridge, and the ability to one day to FPV.. It doesn't really matter what model I buy, If I can't fly it. I live just outside of Baltimore Maryland, and about 3 - 4 miles from Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Add to that numerous helipads for the various hospitals and Baltimore Shock Trauma, and it gets even more confusing for a newbie. Finally, there is the No-Fly zone around Washington DC. Washington is about 40 miles away.

Before I lay the money down on a Phantom, how can I know for sure given all the new zone restrictions implemented by DJI, that I won't be in one no-fly zone after another? I know I may be too close to BWI airport to fly, but how far away from home will I have to travel? If I have to unlock a zone to fly, that's one thing, but if its a No-Fly zone, that's something else.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It is quite confusing where you can and can't fly legally.

In addition to FEDERAL regulations, you will have state and local regulations. They might control where you can STAND when you are flying your drone (since it is the FEDs who control the airspace that you can fly in).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl