Be careful what Facebook groups you join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting mods on their controller or phantom to fly miles and miles. In USA it is against regulations to fly out of sight. They think it's cool and they promote it.
I think you're on the wrong forum if you really have that point of view. There's literally hundreds of threads right here that discuss modification to the drone and remote. Either to improve reliability within visual sight or to go beyond it, it's their personal choice. Like others have already said, this is a worldwide forum, just like Facebook. Different countries have different rules and laws. And even if you're here in the USA it's really no one's business what I do or my neighbor does.

Also the new regulations in Canada are not law yet they have not been put to parliament. Also if you bothered to read them you would find the Canadian Transports Minister put in a clause saying the new regulations do not apply to UAV's.

Mainly because a knee jerk reaction wasn't thought out very well

This is news to me.. If that is true I am a happy (canuck) boy. Did this change since the regs were first introduces last month??? Can you link the source????

This is news to me.. If that is true I am a happy (canuck) boy. Did this change since the regs were first introduces last month??? Can you link the source????

I think blackcrusader is referring to non-recreational UAV users in Canada, and in what circumstances they need to have a special flight operations certificate.

The law of the land in Canada right now is as-described in the Minister of Transport's March 13 Interim Order. And it's definitely enforceable law today, although it's interim pending proper legislation passed through Parliament sometime this summer or fall. No joy in the north.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
I think blackcrusader is referring to non-recreational UAV users in Canada, and in what circumstances they need to have a special flight operations certificate.

The law of the land in Canada right now is as-described in the Minister of Transport's March 13 Interim Order. And it's definitely enforceable law today, although it's interim pending proper legislation passed through Parliament sometime this summer or fall. No joy in the north.
Yup... that is the way I saw it and continue to see it, unfortunately :(

This thread reminds me of when I was in the Navy and my ship was pulling into a foreign port. Before pulling in, they would brief the crew on the "off limits establishments."

Where do you think we went when we got off that boat?

This thread reminds me of when I was in the Navy and my ship was pulling into a foreign port. Before pulling in, they would brief the crew on the "off limits establishments."

Where do you think we went when we got off that boat?
To the local gift shops and lemonade stands ;)

Reactions: bugbee
Ok guys I have deleted some argumentative post and hope
it stops here with them .Let's try and be civil from here out.
IMG_7804.JPG

Reactions: BigAl07
In Canada non commercial drones (within the weight limits) are model aircraft. UAVs are Non-recreational drones. So basically, unless you are flying commercially or at a MAAC field or event, the new rules apply.

It really is just a matter of time, if not already, before the FAA starts cruising social media for law breakers. I keep my mods and flights to myself these days for good reason.

Wouldn't it be funny if Healthy Drones/Airdata was created by the FAA to trap law breakers? Just kidding...

I guess the construction crew saw a pile garbage down at the bottom of the ravine. People are known to throw stuff out their windows, soft drink bottles and cans, used lunch boxes. The construction crew must have decided that one big pile was better than two little piles so rather than bring that one up they decided to throw theirs down. That's what they did. They even threw some bags that had their company name on it. lol.
Nice "Alice's Restaurant" paraphrasing. lol

Was wondering how many people would pick up on that hehehehehe
How many 8X10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one did you take?

I fly a P3s and always try to meet every rule and regulation out there, however according to the FAA B4 you fly software my location is 3.89 miles from an airport!
The airport is a hospital heliport that works in a as required basis, so being a good and conscientious pilot, I placed my flight plans and tried to contact the "control tower" at the hospital. Surprise surprise they don't have any such control or flight management!
The aircraft, when dispatched come from a centralised area not in this location and the flight or flight management calls the ER when they are on there way!
So it is impossible for me to "obey" the non existent airport rules, apart from the fact that emergency flights normally take the most direct route and I am well away from any pathway ( due east of hospital looking directly out into the Atlantic) I always drop the drone on hearing any aircraft.......what would you do?

It really is just a matter of time, if not already, before the FAA starts cruising social media for law breakers. I keep my mods and flights to myself these days for good reason.

Wouldn't it be funny if Healthy Drones/Airdata was created by the FAA to trap law breakers? Just kidding...
Same here, to a degree. I'm on two Facebook pages related to Phantoms. I will discuss things and give advice regarding mods, but when asked how far I've gone. I never answer that question directly, just say further than stock. Even if someone on FB send me a PM, I still won't answer directly and just say 100% or 200% improvement, things along those lines. You never really know who is sending you a PM.

Reactions: G Tek Fab
Where in Taiwan do you live blackcrusader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT