Be careful what Facebook groups you join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do not join the Facebook groups Called phantom 3 standard only, phantom mods, or any other linked to those. The ones in charge think breaking the regulations is cool and they are spreading misinformation. Just ask some in Canada what happens when regulations become law. I don't want the same for USA and I'm sure others with common sense will agree.

Do not join the Facebook groups Called phantom 3 standard only, phantom mods, or any other linked to those. The ones in charge think breaking the regulations is cool and they are spreading misinformation. Just ask some in Canada what happens when regulations become law. I don't want the same for USA and I'm sure others with common sense will agree.

A lot of these members are from countries outside of the USA. So do please explain what laws they are breaking.

Also the new regulations in Canada are not law yet they have not been put to parliament. Also if you bothered to read them you would find the Canadian Transports Minister put in a clause saying the new regulations do not apply to UAV's.

Mainly because a knee jerk reaction wasn't thought out very well

Putting mods on their controller or phantom to fly miles and miles. In USA it is against regulations to fly out of sight. They think it's cool and they promote it.

Putting mods on their controller or phantom to fly miles and miles. In USA it is against regulations to fly out of sight. They think it's cool and they promote it.
It's not just Facebook , have you not read the thousands of threads here about mods ??????

It's not just Facebook , have you not read the thousands of threads here about mods ??????

It is not illegal to have a mod on the drone. In many cases people may add an Argtek Antenna to keep solid contact when they fly in areas VLOS that have a lot of terrestrial interference. Lots of people on those FB groups do not live in the USA. So you can stop it with but in the USA this or that.
FAA laws do not apply to those living outside of the USA. My P3S, she's been a reliable bird and has flown to some amazing places. Highest altitude over 10000 feet, farthest distance nearly 15000 feet. All totally legal where I live and fly.

Love your moniker...... Hooligans :)

The mods also allow better performance in RF congested and ither environment (trees and other vegetation with leaves at close to physical dimension of the wavelength make excellent signal attenuators, esp when moist). You may be better off not worrying about what other people are doing so much as relaxing and enjoying your version of the hobby. Personally I enjoy being able to fly to the limit of my battery.

blackcrusader, hooligans replied to a thread you are watching at DJI Phantom Drone Forum.

Be careful what Facebook groups you join

Show me in your countrie's laws what it says. Your word is not proof.

It's country's if you are referring to my country's laws. No my word is not proof but it is also no concern of yours. Seems you are on a mission to go around being a self appointed drone police. You exhibit all the known qualities of a busybody with a hostile attitude.

But seeing as you did ask so nicely here is a link to the government website about were we can fly, restricted area's and height limits. By the way the laws for Taiwan are also on the last page of the DJI P3S manual which you can download. Do go read them. After all if you had read the manual you would see a lot of laws for many countries are listed in the manual. You didn't read the manual? 50 plus pages too long for you to get through.

http://web-gis2000.caa.gov.tw/caaPublic/(S(ll5k4hbn4plq4xp2ppefjlju))/TaipeiObject.aspx

Last edited:
Don't join any Yuneec or Autel Facebook groups that's for sure. I've been kicked out of them for literally comparing factual information in reguards to Yuneec vs Phantoms etc...they can't handle facts or comparisons and they were all kinda mean people. (Probably all realized they bought the wrong drones lol)

It is not illegal to have a mod on the drone. In many cases people may add an Argtek Antenna to keep solid contact when they fly in areas VLOS that have a lot of terrestrial interference. Lots of people on those FB groups do not live in the USA. So you can stop it with but in the USA this or that.
FAA laws do not apply to those living outside of the USA. My P3S, she's been a reliable bird and has flown to some amazing places. Highest altitude over 10000 feet, farthest distance nearly 15000 feet. All totally legal where I live and fly.

Love your moniker...... Hooligans :)

Hello blackcrusader, your highest altitude is over 10.000 feet? Or 1.642 feet? If it is over 10.000 feet how could get so high? My phantom only allows me to fly at 1.642 feet how can you get higher?

Hello blackcrusader, your highest altitude is over 10.000 feet? Or 1.642 feet? If it is over 10.000 feet how could get so high? My phantom only allows me to fly at 1.642 feet how can you get higher?

Well at some places I fly I am already launching from 9000 plus feet altitude. The drone has a max 1640 ft height from launch. So to be at 10000 plus feet simply means I must be launching from higher places. Like this place is at 10400 feet. If I launch from here I could climb to 12000 ft altitude.
Don't confuse altitude with Max height. Altitude is just that, not max height.

Reactions: twrench
Where I flew from this site I was at 8560 feet and flew up 1640 ft to 10200 feet. In the photo below I launch from 9450 feet and simply fly about 1.5 miles away from the mountains to get into positions where I can take these photos. Sometimes I may launch from a higher altitude and fly below launch site. So you can launch at 10000 ft and fly down to 9000 feet. There is no limit to how far you fly down below launch height.

Awesome pics blkcrusader ,,I like that your using your bird to its full potential,,

Another use for my drone is that sometimes there are roadworks I can film for the county government. Also after heavy rains or typhoons I can fly my drone to survey areas with landslides that block the roads. I even found a car upturned when a driver had lost control and crashed. It was by chance actually and he was rescued. If I hadn't been flying past nobody could see he had left the road and crashed down a ravine.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yea I call them the FUN POLICE,they think everybody here lives in the US,,happy flying,,post pics,,

Yea I call them the FUN POLICE,they think everybody here lives in the US,,happy flying,,post pics,,

Well the construction company doing the road works got fined for dumping garbage down from the cliff there. I was flying all the way down and also to the top of the mountain where there are tea fields so I could show then where the water from heavy rains rushes over bring rock slides with it. I guess the construction crew saw a pile garbage down at the bottom of the ravine. People are known to throw stuff out their windows, soft drink bottles and cans, used lunch boxes. The construction crew must have decided that one big pile was better than two little piles so rather than bring that one up they decided to throw theirs down. That's what they did. They even threw some bags that had their company name on it. lol.

The video went to the county government & EPA. That company owner is really ****** as he got fined and they have to clean up the mess a few hundred feet over the edge of that cliff. Thing is my video was being used by the county government to assess the progress of the construction work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4