Be careful what Facebook groups you join

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of misinformation? You don't have to join a Facebook group to get that- you can get it here also....

Yeah lol for sure.

In my experience the professional respectful member count is much higher in this forum than most of the Phantom-based Facebook groups where I cringe on a daily basis.

It's hard too tell who originally posted the HealthyDrones screen shot. If it was you then curious why you don't have it set to display metric. Are you from a western country originally?

It's hard too tell who originally posted the HealthyDrones screen shot. If it was you then curious why you don't have it set to display metric. Are you from a western country originally?

Lots of US people on here so sometimes I switch to numbers they better understand. I grew up in imperial before metric was used. Was born in Australia but haven't lived there in 32 years lol.

Same here, to a degree. I'm on two Facebook pages related to Phantoms. I will discuss things and give advice regarding mods, but when asked how far I've gone. I never answer that question directly, just say further than stock. Even if someone on FB send me a PM, I still won't answer directly and just say 100% or 200% improvement, things along those lines. You never really know who is sending you a PM.

Meh I'll type my results but one thing I never ever post videos or pics on Facebook, I will say to someone that I hit 5km+ etc but they can't prove that I actually did or if I'm lying, but on a vid where you can be seen taking off or landing or have actual footage of potentially breaking the rules in some countries. Which is why I'll never post up videos, to be charged where I am I need to be seen in the video flying or operating it and then also show the breaking of the rules in the same video or if I'm not shown operating it then if I was to admit to flying it in that particular vid, which first of all ill never post a vid, second I'll never say it was me flying and third of all is the most important - I don't break the rules like Everyone else on here [emoji3] we fly responsibly and adhere to the rules here at PhantomPilots [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Think otherwise? Prove it? Also prove that I broke laws in my country... where ever that is???

I post my videos on youtube as I fly legally where I am. So being up at altitudes over 10000 feet or max height 1640 is legal.
I also do not fly in controlled zones or areas where there are aircraft. There are no private aircraft in Taiwan and commercial aircraft do not fly where I live. I do love how some tell me my flying would be illegal in their country. Well I'm not in your country I'm in mine. :)

After Argtek saw my P3S distance flight of 4.6km or 15000 feet they contacted me to ask if they could use my youtube of that flight. They also sent me a nice car antenna setup to try so I can sit in my car and fly. Will test that next week and put up a you tube about that. I can now fly downrange a bit and then drive my car closer and change the home point on the app

I post my videos on youtube as I fly legally where I am. So being up at altitudes over 10000 feet or max height 1640 is legal.
I also do not fly in controlled zones or areas where there are aircraft. There are no private aircraft in Taiwan and commercial aircraft do not fly where I live. I do love how some tell me my flying would be illegal in their country. Well I'm not in your country I'm in mine. :)

Lol I like the laws there it's how it should be

I'm just glad I'm also not in the USA as there laws are a bit to much for me, the laws here where I am are one of the most relaxed and 99% of people fly with common sense and are responsible, drives me crazy how people think FAA rules are for the world and it applies everywhere and I love doing stuff that is legal here but not permitted by the FAA as they seem to cry, a lot of drone police in the USA the way they carry on they won't be flying them soon

I just don't post videos with anything that is able to be linked to me full stop as people will just pick it apart and try to police you even if your abiding by laws where your flying

Like that Russ43phantom clown, he's on every page listing FAA laws and everyone just laughs at him and tells him where to go

Rant over, happy flying

It's funny as I was flying with a friend in same location and two of the National Park Police came over to watch our smartphones as we flew around Yushan National Park mountains. National Parks also legal to fly in here. They were really amazed at the quality and the views from 1600 feet up above. Was pea soup fog where we parked and we wanted to get shots above the cloud line.

Flying up 1600 feet sure beats hiking up a steep mountain 1600 feet at times lol Sunsets on two consecutive days same location. Around 10200 ft altitude.

It's funny as I was flying with a friend in same location and two of the National Park Police came over to watch our smartphones as we flew around Yushan National Park mountains. National Parks also legal to fly in here. They were really amazed at the quality and the views from 1600 feet up above. Was pea soup fog where we parked and we wanted to get shots above the cloud line.

Flying up 1600 feet sure beats hiking up a steep mountain 1600 feet at times lol Sunsets on two consecutive days same location. Around 10200 ft altitude.

Such amazing pics dude great job, what I love about drones is that you can get vision from places and don't need to physically be there, amazing shots I'd love to do cloud pics like that with my p4p

Such amazing pics dude great job, what I love about drones is that you can get vision from places and don't need to physically be there, amazing shots I'd love to do cloud pics like that with my p4p

I've had people where is the place to get those shots. Sometimes I tell them I have a ladder that I climb 500m to get those pics. The this does not compute look on peoples faces sometimes is priceless. Here is a sunrise at the same location. I got a laugh at all those with their huge camera outfits stuck in the car park with fog while I am getting the sunrise. Those peaks where the sun comes over around 6 miles away at over 13000 feet. My drone is at around 10350 feet.

Lol I like the laws there it's how it should be

I'm just glad I'm also not in the USA as there laws are a bit to much for me, the laws here where I am are one of the most relaxed and 99% of people fly with common sense and are responsible, drives me crazy how people think FAA rules are for the world and it applies everywhere and I love doing stuff that is legal here but not permitted by the FAA as they seem to cry, a lot of drone police in the USA the way they carry on they won't be flying them soon

I just don't post videos with anything that is able to be linked to me full stop as people will just pick it apart and try to police you even if your abiding by laws where your flying

Like that Russ43phantom clown, he's on every page listing FAA laws and everyone just laughs at him and tells him where to go

Rant over, happy flying
Completely agree with everything you said. Being I do live in the u.s. can tell you the reason we have extra laws that your country may not. Being such a large country with so many diverse peoples with vastly different point of views, and also the vast difference in geography and population centers from one place to another. And being the FAA already controls all the airspace from coast to coast, it was getting to the point where they had to do something to real in the unresponsible drone enthusiasts from causing a catastrophe with a aircraft.
Now you're the point you were making about people that get confused thinking FAA rules apply worldwide. Two possible reasons. The first one they simply don't realize that there's so many people on these forms that live in other countries. Second when it comes to commercial aircraft FAA rules do apply to some of their operations worldwide. At least ones that are allowed to fly to and out of the US. Just as the rule that all pilots and towers must speak in English, when obviously that is not the language that they may speak in their native country. So let may lead to these self imposed drone police types confusion. I corrected myself all the time on these forums, telling them they're off topic and they have no business policing me nor the other members. Great pictures by the way, you're lucky to live in such a scenic area.

Last edited:
Being this is the second time I have had to delete post and
has went off topic again I see no reason for it to stay open.
IMG_8521.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94