Bay Area - just got an Inspire 2, but nowhere to "legally" fly - lets make a map?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just got an inspire 2 and very excited to go fly and practice shooting... BUT

The more I go out, the more i realize there is really no legal places to fly around here.

Do you guys think we should make a google map with all the spots on where we can LEGALLY launch the drones and fly?

I am all up for it, so please let me know if you guys are with me?

If you comment below with google map pins where it is actually legal and where its "safe" (i can make it 2 different layers) and share within..

looking fwd to it

SLOWLY STARTED THE MAP GOING

LEGAL Drone Flying - Bay Area - Google My Maps

Last edited:
Reactions: Cutaway
there's an app for that:
B4UFLY Mobile App
I wish I could follow that map....

Most if not all the parks in bay area are blocked off for drones now, and each district has their own rules that are changing faster then anyone can update the websites...

So just cause that app says safe to fly, you can still get a ticket from the cops because you are in some kind of a park...

I wish I could follow that map....

Most if not all the parks in bay area are blocked off for drones now, and each district has their own rules that are changing faster then anyone can update the websites...

So just cause that app says safe to fly, you can still get a ticket from the cops because you are in some kind of a park...

True, but it's a start. I'd like to see a map showing Geofencing. I ran into one this weekend. Had no idea it was there

I thought Tampa Bay at first. When you live in that area, all you hear is Tampa Bay Area. Yea, I googled it. You are right. I never been to California. I was reading some on it. I don’t think I belong in an area that won’t let you fly your drone and considers $117.400 as poverty.

I’m free to fly on my mountain top and the free state parks.

I thought Tampa Bay at first. When you live in that area, all you hear is Tampa Bay Area. Yea, I googled it. You are right. I never been to California. I was reading some on it. I don’t think I belong in an area that won’t let you fly your drone and considers $117.400 as poverty.

I’m free to fly on my mountain top and the free state parks.

haha yeah I googled it right before replying to the message and thats exactly the article i saw.. funny how google works....

going to Miami to celebrate my birthday for 4 days in September and will definitely be using the drone there as much as I can... just need to read up all the legal places...

Hello everyone!
I just got an inspire 2 and very excited to go fly and practice shooting... BUT

The more I go out, the more i realize there is really no legal places to fly around here.

Do you guys think we should make a google map with all the spots on where we can LEGALLY launch the drones and fly?

I am all up for it, so please let me know if you guys are with me?

If you comment below with google map pins where it is actually legal and where its "safe" (i can make it 2 different layers) and share within..

looking fwd to it

SLOWLY STARTED THE MAP GOING

LEGAL Drone Flying - Bay Area - Google My Maps

Treasure Island has a drone school, so you can fly legally from Treasure Island, also Bayland Park and César Chávez Park are where a few UAV meets to fly every two weeks.

Treasure Island has a drone school, so you can fly legally from Treasure Island, also Bayland Park and César Chávez Park are where a few UAV meets to fly every two weeks.

Treasure island I believe no more as of may... but maybe I am wrong....

The other 2 places, thank you will def check it out!!!

Treasure island I believe no more as of may... but maybe I am wrong....

The other 2 places, thank you will def check it out!!!
Contact SF Drone school on Treasure Island at 888-577-0428 for more information about flying drones on Treasure Island.

@BimmerSF

I had the same idea the other day! I am sadden to see that no one has taken up your idea. Not only we should create this "living" map that shows legal places to fly...we should also list "cool" spots for videos and photos. Before I start adding my list to it, have you found another place that has the list? Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan