Battery

Reaction score
Newbie here. Picked up a P3 pro on OfferUp for 3 bills. Enjoying it with my son and learning as we go along. One question: the p3 came with two batteries. I was able to “wake up” one of the batteries by playing around with it. The other one is still dead. It will blink three times but won’t take a charge. When I bought it the seller said he used it just a few times and it’s mostly been sitting. Any idea how to “wake up” the dead battery or do I just recycle it and buy a new one?

I think they say to turn the battery on when plugged to the charger can often start it charging

Hibernation ...

If a DJI (P3) battery is left too long - it can self discharge slowly to a level that the board shuts off and the power button basically does not switch it on correctly. Placing on charger does not correct it either.

Therefore the following is the way to possibly resurrect without dismantling the pack :

1. Have at hand genuine DJI charger.
2. Switch on battery by the usual long + short press. Ignore lights and lack of action.
3. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE except place the battery aside for 5 minutes. Any lights or whatever should during that time go out.
4. DO NOT TOUCH POWER BUTTON - now plug in charger
5. Ignore what you see - just leave charger plugged in.

You may be lucky that shortly after it wakes up - but often it can take hour or even most of the day to suddenly wake up and start charging ... you MUST LEAVE IT ALONE DURING THIS.

If it does not wake up after being connected for most of the day .. you could try again repeatedly - ensuring you observe the sequence above .. but probably its past its useful phase.
It is possible to open up the battery and charge direct to the battery bypassing the board - but I do not advise this unless you are well experienced in LiPo's ..... the risk of fire or 'event' is too great.

Attachments

• DJI Battery summary.pdf
    953.6 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Reactions: Oso and JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member