Reaction score
Finally got the drone and controller to work on computer and with each other. Noticed that battery was blinking with 2 bars left. Charged it and now when I install it in the drone and turn it on the 4 green lights come on as well as red but go out in a few seconds. There is no beeping as well. And yes I am correctly turning the battery on with 1 short and 1 long press. Out of the drone the lights come on and stay on for a few minutes. Only have 1 battery right now so not an option to use a different battery. Anybody got an idea what happened? Was so close to finally getting it to fly!!

I wonder if the second (long) press is too long?
Maybe try a shorter second press and release the button when the led's all illuminate?

I'm wondering if your long press isn't long enough. I always do the short press then hold down the button for the 2nd press until I see the camera move / hear beeps.

Finally got the drone and controller to work on computer and with each other. Noticed that battery was blinking with 2 bars left. Charged it and now when I install it in the drone and turn it on the 4 green lights come on as well as red but go out in a few seconds. There is no beeping as well. And yes I am correctly turning the battery on with 1 short and 1 long press. Out of the drone the lights come on and stay on for a few minutes. Only have 1 battery right now so not an option to use a different battery. Anybody got an idea what happened? Was so close to finally getting it to fly!!

Was is a used P2 or new.

I agree where Jason is going with this, something not right in phantom causing battery to enter safe mode and shut off. I has a safety feature built in, if phantom has a open circuit or short circuit it automatically shuts off. I'd start with battery leads/com wire, work your way up to mainboard, check all connections ( loose, unplugged, or placement in general as two plugs may be switched? )
Could be many things, piece of foreign debris shorting something, loose or broken wire/connection, burnt board, toasted naza, ect. You'll have to track it down, there are MANY POSTS here on proper wiring with pics, just use them to cross reference your to! Let us know?

J Dot

If it were a used P2 the battery may not have been stored correctly and therefore needs to be replaced.

I wonder if the second (long) press is too long?
Maybe try a shorter second press and release the button when the led's all illuminate?
Yeah I tried that but got nothing. I was getting beeps and everything before now I get the 4 leds to show up but no sound and right back off again. I guess maybe next step is take cover back off again to see if
Was is a used P2 or new.
Used and just replaced outer body so I went through everything pretty good. Im thinking I might just have to open it up again. I will keep everyone posted so that maybe someone else wont have to go through all this as well...maybe!

Yeah I tried that but got nothing. I was getting beeps and everything before now I get the 4 leds to show up but no sound and right back off again. I guess maybe next step is take cover back off again to see if

Used and just replaced outer body so I went through everything pretty good. Im thinking I might just have to open it up again. I will keep everyone posted so that maybe someone else wont have to go through all this as well...maybe!

Knowing that the unit is used and been crashed the first thing I would do because the keeps shutting down is to place it with a new one and start fresh.
Look you'll need more then one battery so you might as well start now. Sure there mat be other problems with the P2 but you will never know until you eliminate that battery.

Idea... have you tried turning the battery on without it installed in the copter? It should turn on and stay on... just a thought although it does sound like maybe the copter has problems like was already stated above.

Idea... have you tried turning the battery on without it installed in the copter? It should turn on and stay on... just a thought although it does sound like maybe the copter has problems like was already stated above.
The battery stays on when not in the drone. Before the battery was charged I was able to get the drone working and the battery was working good. There was 2 green lights on and I think it was blinking so I decided to charge battery before first flight. After charging battery it no longer would stay on but only while in drone, out of drone as and it was fine.

Knowing that the unit is used and been crashed the first thing I would do because the keeps shutting down is to place it with a new one and start fresh.
Look you'll need more then one battery so you might as well start now. Sure there mat be other problems with the P2 but you will never know until you eliminate that battery.
I ordered a new battery and when it came in I found a bag of fake pearls in the box. According to the post office the box " came open" and everything fell out. So they just put something back in the box and sent it on its way. So now Im having to deal with the post office to either "find" my battery or get my money back. But yes I will be ordering another New battery today!

I agree where Jason is going with this, something not right in phantom causing battery to enter safe mode and shut off. I has a safety feature built in, if phantom has a open circuit or short circuit it automatically shuts off. I'd start with battery leads/com wire, work your way up to mainboard, check all connections ( loose, unplugged, or placement in general as two plugs may be switched? )
Could be many things, piece of foreign debris shorting something, loose or broken wire/connection, burnt board, toasted naza, ect. You'll have to track it down, there are MANY POSTS here on proper wiring with pics, just use them to cross reference your to! Let us know?

J Dot
I will be opening it up today and hopefully I will find the problem. Plus I will be ordering another new battery since the ladt battery I ordered fell out of the box and the post office put in a bag of fake pearls and a note saying that the box came open and item fell out. They just picked up something random and sent the box on its way. Now Im gaving to deal with the post office to either find my battery (like that is going to happen) or they will have to reimburse me dince package was insured! Oh the fun I am having!!

I will be opening it up today and hopefully I will find the problem. Plus I will be ordering another new battery since the ladt battery I ordered fell out of the box and the post office put in a bag of fake pearls and a note saying that the box came open and item fell out. They just picked up something random and sent the box on its way. Now Im gaving to deal with the post office to either find my battery (like that is going to happen) or they will have to reimburse me dince package was insured! Oh the fun I am having!!

If you live in the states order from B&H they only ship by UPS and depending on where you live delivery can be three or four working days.

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video

If you live in the states order from B&H they only ship by UPS and depending on where you live delivery can be three or four working days.

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video
I just might do that. My daughter ordered some pictures of her and her sister to give to their mother on mothers day. Postman FOLDED the envelope to make it fit into their mailbox. I guess having "pictures inside do not fold " means nothing anymore. Btw I took off top of body and figured why not see if this will work again. Battery stayed on abd it beeped and it started right up. I saw no wires crimped or anything unplugged. ..nothing!! Whats up?

Ok took top of drone off and figured I would check to see if anything would happen. Battery stayed on, beeped and was able to start it up. Saw no wires crimped or any damage or anythung unplugged. Turned it back on again and pushed top of body down to see if it. Would stop or make weird noise. NOTHING...ran like a champ. Going to go over it with a microscope and see if there is something not just right.

I just might do that. My daughter ordered some pictures of her and her sister to give to their mother on mothers day. Postman FOLDED the envelope to make it fit into their mailbox. I guess having "pictures inside do not fold " means nothing anymore. Btw I took off top of body and figured why not see if this will work again. Battery stayed on abd it beeped and it started right up. I saw no wires crimped or anything unplugged. ..nothing!! Whats up?

With the GPS plugged in were you able to startup the motors with the props off?

I ordered a new battery and when it came in I found a bag of fake pearls in the box. According to the post office the box " came open" and everything fell out. So they just put something back in the box and sent it on its way. So now Im having to deal with the post office to either "find" my battery or get my money back. But yes I will be ordering another New battery today!
oh GEEZ!!!! What next???? Sorry to hear that things are getting messed up!

And being able to READ English!

I know what you mean, I sell decals and even though I put Fragile Do Not Fold on them I still get the occasional message back from the buyer that the postman folded it... about 2 in 300 or so a month but still.... read the freaking envelope already lol.

or get fired and hire someone that CAN read!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair