Battery warning thresholds problem.

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 has resorted to not giving a battery low level warning. It just gives a critical level warning and lands. This problem was not there originally, it appeared recently, possibly happened after software updates.
It happens on both well used and new batteries.
I am using the latest level firmware and software.
There is one possibility that may be the problem. When using Phantom 2 Assistant either V3.6 or v3.8, in the battery window, the Battery Warning Threshold does not give options to set levels for low or critical levels. The only option is to tick a box at low level to go home, which I have selected.
I have checked with a friend with the same model and his assistant software .gives options to set the voltage levels with indication of the suggested range for each.
I am using the Naza-M mode.
Has any else had this problem and does anyone have a solution, pleas?

My Phantom 2 has resorted to not giving a battery low level warning. It just gives a critical level warning and lands. This problem was not there originally, it appeared recently, possibly happened after software updates.
It happens on both well used and new batteries.
I am using the latest level firmware and software.
There is one possibility that may be the problem. When using Phantom 2 Assistant either V3.6 or v3.8, in the battery window, the Battery Warning Threshold does not give options to set levels for low or critical levels. The only option is to tick a box at low level to go home, which I have selected.
I have checked with a friend with the same model and his assistant software .gives options to set the voltage levels with indication of the suggested range for each.
I am using the Naza-M mode.
Has any else had this problem and does anyone have a solution, pleas?

Your friend is not using either v3.6 or v3.8 but an earlier version more then likely v 3.2 which allowed setting from 30% to a lower value

Thanks for the information Jason.
But do you or anyone have any idea why my Phantom is behaving as it is. The fast red light blinking and landing seems to be happening around the 30% battery level. I have to make sure the machine is near to me when the battery level gets below 40%. The first time it happened, it landed about 100 metres away from it's take off position.

But do you or anyone have any idea why my Phantom is behaving as it is. The fast red light blinking and landing seems to be happening around the 30% battery level. I have to make sure the machine is near to me when the battery level gets below 40%. The first time it happened, it landed about 100 metres away from it's take off position.

How many times have those batteries been recharged?? And do you have iOSD for telemetry on your FPV system.

I have batteries with varying number of charges from 19 to 4. All display the same effect. Yes I have mini iOSD

Since you have iOSD what I would do is charge all the batteries. Then take the quad out in the backyard or a field close by and fly it no more then 20 feet away and about 5 to 10 feet off the ground and monitor those batteries. If those batteries are autolanding with 40% or more there's nothing you can do except to replace them. You should see the first warning LED's come on at what ever percentage you set it for but I doubt you'd see those warning LED's at 100 meters away.

Not only did DJI eliminate ability to change the battery warning levels but they also did the same thing with the battery v2.6 firmware update which would solved the early autolanding problem. I update all my batteries when that update came out and it save two batteries that where autolanding at 40 - 45% with less than 25 cycles. Still using those to this day and flight times are down to 9 minutes but they're still usable and there 19 months old with over 40 some cycles.

I think I have found what maybe my battery problem. You mentioned the battery firmware update from 2.6.
I looked up my batteries firmware The firmware of the 2 that came with the machine when I purchased it are 2.0.0.8.
The 2 that I recently purchased are 1.0.0.8! Do you think that that is my problem?
What is the latest battery firmware and how can I update it?

I think I have found what maybe my battery problem. You mentioned the battery firmware update from 2.6.
I looked up my batteries firmware The firmware of the 2 that came with the machine when I purchased it are 2.0.0.8.
The 2 that I recently purchased are 1.0.0.8! Do you think that that is my problem?
What is the latest battery firmware and how can I update it?

Yes battery v1.0.0.8 is the problem and there's no way rectify it. The first thing dji did away with was the ability was to change the warning levels next came the battery firmware v2.0.0.6 update. I think they pulled that update due to fact that it would brick aftermarket batteries but by not replacing it has caused problems.

Seems like dji has no interest in the P2 line of quads my point being they just came out with battery charger for the Inspire and P3 that can charge four at a time. It also cost less than four P2 chargers. I guess the only time they will be interested in updating firmware for the P2 line is if there's another no fly zone to be added.

Last edited:
Today I was flying.. Temp 12 deg C... Initially Two batteries... Full flashing red lights... No Fly.. then 3 rd Battery Ok.. then got all working @ 100 %... then decided to fly one down to 15%.. At 40%... quick flashing red... had to keep throttle stick up to keep it flying ... right down to 25%.. it would try to land and stop each time... I am hoping this is just the cold weather

Today I was flying.. Temp 12 deg C... Initially Two batteries... Full flashing red lights... No Fly.. then 3 rd Battery Ok.. then got all working @ 100 %... then decided to fly one down to 15%.. At 40%... quick flashing red... had to keep throttle stick up to keep it flying ... right down to 25%.. it would try to land and stop each time... I am hoping this is just the cold weather

When's the last time you fully charged your batteries and checked the full/current capacity and cell voltages with the P2 assistant software. If you need to discharge batteries for storage this is what use if I use discharge mine. It's a 12 v brake light socket and bulb attached to dji battery terminal.
IMG_5631.jpg

Works for me...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl