Battery voltage alert

Reaction score
Hi all, little adventure today...

Got out my bird today, wanted do make some footage of a lighthouse 2 miles from the coast... sunny, strong wind, perfect condition to make some good footage.

First battery went to check the P3A was able to manage the wind (about 20 ktns with guts to 30) then I switched to the second battery to go into the mission. 1st error : the second battery was the weaker one...

Takeoff and I flew it directly to the lighthouse, I was fliying sideways to counteract the wind, when half a mile off a I got a message from the app "Battery voltage critically low", i immediately decided to abort and managed to land it quickly...

So, no real crash, just a little scaring, the drone was over the sea when I got the message...

Do you guys think the battery it's gone ? should I replace it immediately ?

The flight log is here DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks

The wind speed may have been a contributing factor. I would deplete the battery down to around 25% then fully recharge it. Take it for a another flight, staying close by and low altitude. Keep an eye on the battery cells voltage in flight. If the voltage starts to vary to much, then land the a/c and only use the battery for testing purposes. My humble opinion.

Wait...you "flew it sideways to counteract the wind"...ummm, WHAT?! LMAO! You didn't "counteract" anything flying sideways. Too funny.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20