Battery Temps

Reaction score
Hi all,
was wondering if a battery temp of 79 C will have lasting damage on the battery happened to me when i flew it down to zero seems fine though.

Max safe temp for a lipo battery is 145f (62.7c). And discharging them to 0 as it appears happened also damages the batteries capacity. Normally either event would cause the battery to swell and loose nearly half its capacity. Since the battery is "caged " in plastic, you may not see swelling, but flying this battery is a major risk to the ac and those below.

60 deg C is a good benchmark as the upper operating temp if you hope to enjoy a reasonable service life from the pack.

Flying down to extreme low SOC is an excellent way to permanently damage your batteries.

I would charge the pack (preferably away from combustible materials and with one eye in it) and see how it performs (fly in close where an out land or potential failure won’t cause damage) and monitor the cell voltages in flight. A significant drop in last recorded capacity and/or reduced flight time will tell you how much you may have damaged the pack.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4