Battery Storage

The RC controller battery works in a low demand job and can be like many other RC radios literally left charged.
I have many DJI remote controllers and have always stored mine nearly fully charged. I've never had trouble with any of them.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I know some people wonder about this partial charge to 50% lark ... in fact you can be simple and not worry about that.

Set the auto discharge to 1 - 3 days ... then just charge up full once a month ... every 6 weeks are so.

That way - you know the packs are kept by the auto system in reasonable range - you don't have to hawk-eye the charging ... Let the packs do the work for you. During the charge - you will see if any problems ...

But remember : Do NOT press battery button to check life before or during auto-discharge -as this resets the timer ...

As said about Controller ... this only has to supply mA and not high demand Amps when in use. This means that any damage such as increased internal resistance of the LiPo cells in the pack will not have much effect. You can in fact have very high IR in a controller pack and never know. Unless you fly it to near full discharged - which is hours !
Regular RC flyers with LiPo in the Tx's will rely on the LiPo still retaining charge for months - basically not wanting to plug in a charger !!

Nigel

A friend stores his DJI batteries in the fridge. I don't know where he got that advice. Any benefit from that practice?? Or is it harmful?

A friend stores his DJI batteries in the fridge. I don't know where he got that advice. Any benefit from that practice?? Or is it harmful?
Not harmful at all- only things to watch are condensation and allowing the pack to come up in temp before use, especially charging. You will get longer life from the pack. I have stored LiPO packs like this for a years if they won’t be used for an extended period.

i think he stores them in a sealed plastic bag to avoid condensation. I'd be interested to know why around +4C is good here. I guess storing in a freezer at -18C is not good?

Reactions: AndrewCCM
i think he stores them in a sealed plastic bag to avoid condensation. I'd be interested to know why around +4C is good here. I guess storing in a freezer at -18C is not good?
It’s not bad but not going to offer a significant advantage either. The plastic bag won’t eliminate the condensation problem. Just let them sit at room temp for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez