Battery Storage?

Alternatively, if for some reason the battery decides to swell/melt/explode, you lost a perfectly good quad in the process.

How many cycles last P3 batteries? For those who have done already 10 flights which % of life is shown in the app?

wasn't there a LiPO that went nuclear while stored in a Phantom in Aus about three + months ago - thought it was for sale on eBay...

Then there was an Inspire that lit up on a plane as the battery was left "on" while in the overhead http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/dji-inspire-1-catches-fire-on-passanger-plane

My thoughts re: safety - store removed from craft. Make sure they are OFF! To that point I store my batteries in a First Alert fire proof file box that I picked up from Wallymart for ~$20... cheap insurance, rated to 1500 Fahrenheit for 1 hr. I know of others that use the old Ammo boxes from surplus stores.

wasn't there a LiPO that went nuclear while stored in a Phantom in Aus about three + months ago - thought it was for sale on eBay...

Then there was an Inspire that lit up on a plane as the battery was left "on" while in the overhead http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/dji-inspire-1-catches-fire-on-passanger-plane

My thoughts re: safety - store removed from craft. Make sure they are OFF! To that point I store my batteries in a First Alert fire proof file box that I picked up from Wallymart for ~$20... cheap insurance, rated to 1500 Fahrenheit for 1 hr. I know of others that use the old Ammo boxes from surplus stores.
Thanks for the replies. Its interesting to note that mine was shipped with the battery inserted...

Thanks for the replies. Its interesting to note that mine was shipped with the battery inserted...

same as mine, I think I read that if they shipped with it "out of the P", they would have to label the box as containing a LiPO which increases handling cost. Even then - I know better and would rather have a battery go versus a P w Battery as was the case in Australia

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic