Battery problems

Reaction score
Hi All - I am a brand new user with my first drone, so I am trying to figure my way around. I have a phantom 4 advanced, and I seem to be having some problems getting the drone battery charged. When I hit the button on the battery on the battery, it turns green and the bar farthest away from the button flashes. When I put it on to charge, the same bar flashes a few times and then goes off. I left it on the charger for a few hours and it didn't seem to charge as the bars stay the same. I thought that maybe it was charged and I am reading it wrong, but when I try to power up the drive with it in, nothing happens (it doesn't start). Am I missing something easy, or am I doing something wrong?

Do you put the battery in the AC and push the button twice and hold it on the second push until the AC powers up?

Do you put the battery in the AC and push the button twice and hold it on the second push until the AC powers up?
I tried, but that doesn't work. I put the battery in, pres once and then press and hold, the button lights up, all the lights come on one by one and then everything goes off.

If only one bar flashes when you push the button on the battery then it is definitely in need of charging. When you put it in the charger all the lights should flash successively and as it charges each cell light will stay solid green until the battery is completely charged then all the lights go out.

If only one bar flashes when you push the button on the battery then it is definitely in need of charging. When you put it in the charger all the lights should flash successively and as it charges each cell light will stay solid green until the battery is completely charged then all the lights go out.
No, when I put it on the charger it starts flashing the bar farthest away from the power button, but it never seems to get any more charged. I left it on for an hour with no change.

Check the contact slots on the bottom of the battery and make sure nothing is bent or damaged and the blades on the charger, very easy for one of these blades to get bent.

Check the contact slots on the bottom of the battery and make sure nothing is bent or damaged and the blades on the charger, very easy for one of these blades to get bent.
I don't see any issues there, everything looks straight

Then I am sorry to say sounds like you have a defective battery. Can you return it to the dealer?
Yeah......I was hoping I was doing something wrong so that it would be a quick fix. I will call them Monday I suppose. Thanks for your help

My P4P+ batteries have displayed the symptom described (flashing green light farthest from the button) for one of two reasons --- batteries not seated well in charger or too warm (immediately after a flight). Symptoms cleared after reseating or after a cool down period.

My P4P+ batteries have displayed the symptom described (flashing green light farthest from the button) for one of two reasons --- batteries not seated well in charger or too warm (immediately after a flight). Symptoms cleared after reseating or after a cool down period.
I have never flown it, so I know it is not too hot, but how do you seat it right or wrong? It just plugs into the back of the battery

Get ya local hobbie shop to check it out . The last thing you want to see is ya bird falling out of the sky ! o_O:(

Thanks All. I ended up calling DJI, and they are taking the battery back under warranty and sending me a replacement. Only thing that stinks now is that I can't fly it at all till I get the battery from them. Oh well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4