Battery Error: Under Voltage

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn’t find the exact question.

One of my p3p batteries (14 cycles) started giving me battery errors recently. In DJI Go, it says “battery error, return and land” and in Litchi it gives Battery Error: Under Voltage.

Looking at the report page, I get normal 4.10 - 4.20v on each of the first 3 cells, but only 3.75v on the fourth cell. This is at 100% battery charge.

Should I try doing deep cycle (whats the best way) or just trash it? Quite sad that this is happening after only 14 cycles on the battery.

As a sidenote, it’s out of warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn’t find the exact question.

One of my p3p batteries (14 cycles) started giving me battery errors recently. In DJI Go, it says “battery error, return and land” and in Litchi it gives Battery Error: Under Voltage.

Looking at the report page, I get normal 4.10 - 4.20v on each of the first 3 cells, but only 3.75v on the fourth cell. This is at 100% battery charge.

Should I try doing deep cycle (whats the best way) or just trash it? Quite sad that this is happening after only 14 cycles on the battery.

As a sidenote, it’s out of warranty.

Thanks in advance!
Any caution with batt can save your drone,,,if you getting errors from it don't fly it,,use for updates etc,,,me hard on batt replys now cause it cause me p4 to free fall,,if in doubt don't use it

Thanks everyone. Looks like I won’t fly with it anymore. I tried a deep cycle tonight: I ran it in the drone while grounded until about 5%, then left it to cool down, and charged it again. After about 40min it was fully charged but the 2nd LED from the power button was blinking twice per second. According to DJI responses on other forums it indicates problems with a cell, so I guess it’s byebye battery. Sad that it only gave 14 cycles.

I read somewhere about a guy that said he uses his broken battery to charge his RC on long shoot days. Any ideas on how to do that?

Um, you'd probably have to open the battery pack and bypass the duff cell (DON'T SHORT IT OUT) otherwise it could discharge the other three cells when used.
You'd then have a three cell 4480mAh so should charge a few things however you also have to think about charging it, you couldn't use your Phantom charger. You'll have to rewire the cells into a three cell pack and get a balanced charger for it - is it really worth it??

LiPo's are not perfect items and sadly some do fail after short life. Question then becomes - is it within warranty period !

OK ... lets dispel this 'The danger of unbalanced LiPo's is that they can catch fire under certain circumstances as there are very high currents involved'..... actually i can find zero reference to back that up. It could possibly happen if you connected two packs where one is heavily discharged and other is full charged via unsuitable cables ... its a warning given when people use parallel charge connectors. Most LiPo fires are from abuse, damage or general bad practices such as purposely causing a LiPo fire for a Youtube video !

OK onto charging your RC from a pack ... yes can be done as the RC takes a 17.5V input from charger and then regulates it to match the 2S battery. The question is whether the RC board is capable of taking a raw 17.5V from that P3 pack ... as the charger lead is most likely current limited to protect the RC board.

There are such as Telsin that can charge Standard Rc as that has a USB based 1S battery system ... the Telsin is a P3 battery discharger that then uses the energy to charge or power any USB item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.