P4 Firmware Can you reload the firmware of the battery? Having issues, incorrect percentage and LED indicators vs. voltage of cells

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a fairly new Phantom 4 Pro battery (about 40 charges) that has been giving trouble. It is showing the incorrect percentage on the battery, and also on the LED indicators on the battery, compared to the voltage. It shows that the battery is full on LED but the voltage of the cells are different, could be way lower. It also sometimes starts up by itself, but no errors in the DJI Go 4 app. I would like to know if it's possible to reload the firmware on the battery, to an earlier or even the same version, as a troubleshooting step. Unfortunately it is on the latest firmware so I don't see how I can do this for the battery, although it is of course possible for the transmitter/controller and aircraft fw.

Could be a bad battery mate

I think I'm same issue, my battery says "Damage Damaged" don't know what that means, it still charges and powers the drone.

The battery contains two chips: battery pack manager and micro-controller. State of the cells is stored within battery pack manager. DJI firmware update only contains new programming for the micro-controller.

To clear error state of the battery pack manager, you'd have to disassemble the battery and connect a programmer directly to the chip. It's not hard, but would require reading documentation of the chip.

Clearing error in the battery pack manager will not fix the cells if they are damaged. The error flag will reinstate itself as soon as the battery monitoring circuit detects parameters outside of expected bounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers