Sudden battery error, and others

Reaction score
So I got this P3P going after a recent fw upgrade. I flew it several times with out any issues. Charged both batteries several times. One said has been charged 4 times. One said has been charged six. The seller told me he only flew it less than 12 times. I believe him.

I just flew the ac and everything was fine. No errors of any kind. Nice easy landing.

I just brought it home and set it on the desk and put the second battery in it. Now I'm getting a battery error . No voltage showing in the app. Error says check for genuine dji, and battery connection.

Well I truly believe this is a genuine battery as it's all ready worked just fine after the update.

I'm also getting a motor overload error and and compass error.

Any ideas whats going on.

20170805_134114[1].jpg

20170805_134101[1].jpg

20170804_191410[1].jpg

I'm also getting a motor overload error and and compass error.
Is this with both batteries? If so, it could be an AC problem.

I just went and tried it again.

The good battery shows no errors.

When I put the battery in question in, something didn't feel quit right. I had to push a little harder to get it in. It kinda makes a louder snapping into place sound now. But the codes are all gone and back to normal.

So there must be a seating in place problem. I looked at everything but don't see anything obviously wrong.

So there must be a seating in place problem. I looked at everything but don't see anything obviously wrong.
I was just about to post about seating the battery when I saw your reply.
You wouldn't believe how many threads we had about fully seating the battery when the P3 was first released. :)

I was just about to post about seating the battery when I saw your reply.
You wouldn't believe how many threads we had about fully seating the battery when the P3 was first released. :)

I never noticed before this battery being any harder to seat than the other. But it is now.

Is this a defective battery.

I just read a bunch of horror stories about loosing battery connection and crashing.

Is this a defective battery.
It could be as simple as a bad connection. Look closely at the contacts on the battery. It's not necessarily the install "click", but the contacts could be intermittent. Also check the contacts on the bird itself. With no battery installed clean the contacts on both sides with at least 98% ISA. That might help. It's a shot, but an easy one.

Reactions: Oso
It could be as simple as a bad connection. Look closely at the contacts on the battery. It's not necessarily the install "click", but the contacts could be intermittent. Also check the contacts on the bird itself. With no battery installed clean the contacts on both sides with at least 98% ISA. That might help. It's a shot, but an easy one.
@Fly Dawg - you have been giving terrific advice in many threads. I'm just a regular member like yourself, but I want to say thanks and let you know that it's appreciated by the community. I hope you don't mind me saying so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20