Battery Discharge Questions

Reaction score
Okay, so I know it may sound bad, but I know nothing on this battery discharge I'm hearing of, and I believe I need to. So if you have any valuable info on discharging the P3 Standard battery, please let me know! Thanks everyone.

For storing for a few weeks, just let the battery sit and don't press the battery button. When the battery is not in use, it'll start to auto discharge down to the set storage level automatically after 10 days. Pressing the battery button during that process will cancel the auto discharge and make the battery wait another 10 days before attempting to auto discharge again.

If you'd like your batteries to start discharging sooner than 10 days, then change that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

This setting needs to be changed for each battery while your Phantom is powered up and connected to DJI GO.

could you link me a good discharger?
If you're just storing your batteries, there is no need to attempt to manually discharge them. But, you can find some Phantom 3 battery dischargers here.

Okay, so I know it may sound bad, but I know nothing on this battery discharge I'm hearing of, and I believe I need to. So if you have any valuable info on discharging the P3 Standard battery, please let me know! Thanks everyone.

First - as above - set the Auto-discharge feature to a shorter interval than default 10 days.

Remember - all the time a pack is fully charged - it is slowly damaging.

I suggest setting at 2 - 3 days discharge setting.

Manually discharging : I suggest NOT to use the Drone itself - despite DJI advise to. Why ? It makes camera and gimbal hot, its slow. There are much better ways.

Try this :

Use of Telesin P3 Battery discharger

An excellent tool that will automatically shut of at storage level .... (set switch at side to 15.2V).

At about $10 a pop ... worth every penny. And as you see in that thread - the discharge energy can be fed to another item to charge it up etc. If I power my Drone on the bench - I use a spare DJI battery with the discharger to power a Laptop cooler to stand the Drone on - keeping camera and gimbal cool.

Nigel

First - as above - set the Auto-discharge feature to a shorter interval than default 10 days.

Remember - all the time a pack is fully charged - it is slowly damaging.

I suggest setting at 2 - 3 days discharge setting.

Manually discharging : I suggest NOT to use the Drone itself - despite DJI advise to. Why ? It makes camera and gimbal hot, its slow. There are much better ways.

Try this :

Use of Telesin P3 Battery discharger

An excellent tool that will automatically shut of at storage level .... (set switch at side to 15.2V).

At about $10 a pop ... worth every penny. And as you see in that thread - the discharge energy can be fed to another item to charge it up etc. If I power my Drone on the bench - I use a spare DJI battery with the discharger to power a Laptop cooler to stand the Drone on - keeping camera and gimbal cool.

Nigel
Great info. Can you share a link to order?

Here's a more general one that covers a lot of uses ... with USB as well :

Smart Battery Quick Discharge Module Discharger For DJI Phantom 3 2 Inspire 1 | eBay

Or the Telesin which is subject of the other thread :

Flight Battery Discharger Device Smart Battery Control Charger For DJI Phantom 3 | eBay

I use the Telesin as seen .... really excellent little gadget ... small enough to slip into pocket ...

I have ordered the general one as well as I aim to use many of my ordinary LiPo's as well as DJI for other use and the USB outlet makes for many uses ...

Both the above are available from many sellers - but as you scroll through them - some are just in dreamland with their pricing !! The link I gave is the one I bought and don't worry about it being low price - its same and works excellently.

Nigel

I have "time to discharge" at 10days, but even after 2-3 weeks both batteries have 87-90%. Its OK? Or I'm doing something wrong?
And can battery discharge itself not installed in Drone (I mean spare battery)?

I have "time to discharge" at 10days, but even after 2-3 weeks both batteries have 87-90%.
Have you waited 13+ days before pressing the battery button to check the battery charge level? If you press the battery button before then, the battery will wait 10 more days before starting to auto discharge.

can battery discharge itself not installed in Drone (I mean spare battery)?
Yes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl