Battery Dead

Reaction score
Ordered a Phantom 4 Advanced from Amazon on Thursday and it arrived on Saturday morning. Very impressed until I tried to charge the battery. It wouldn’t light up at all - really frustrating to say the least!!
Got in touch with Amazon, but all they could do was give me a refund because they are “only an intermediary” and therefore couldn’t give me replacement.
Reading various forums it seems this dead battery issue is quite common

Reactions: Hounddog
Reading various forums it seems this dead battery issue is quite common
There is a reason for that. These Lipo batteries are quite picky and have to be maintained at a particular level. If they sit too long without a charge they will be that way. Just throwing that out in the event you were not aware of maintenance requirements. Generally speaking however, they usually don't sit on a shelf for that long.

There is a reason for that. These Lipo batteries are quite picky and have to be maintained at a particular level. If they sit too long without a charge they will be that way. Just throwing that out in the event you were not aware of maintenance requirements. Generally speaking however, they usually don't sit on a shelf for that long.
Makes sense. The company that supplied Amazon was EP Electonics and do it looks like they must have had to drone on a shelf for ages. I suppose this is the risk you take not buying from the manufacturer or reputable company

Sometimes you have to get the battery excited to charge, had one do that. Another the 1st LED was dead, so you could not see it flashing when 1st charged, it still has the dead LED, but it was replaced and I use it anyway.

Sometimes you have to get the battery excited to charge, had one do that. Another the 1st LED was dead, so you could not see it flashing when 1st charged, it still has the dead LED, but it was replaced and I use it anyway.
It’s my understanding that if a LED doesn’t light up it means the corresponding cell is dead.

Sometimes you have to get the battery excited to charge, had one do that
How do you "excite" the battery? From what I've read on these forums a dead battery is just that.
Perhaps it's time I stopped reading these forums. There is a lot of duff gen out there by the looks of things.

Last edited:
I wonder how much luck is involved when getting batteries from Amazon? I ordered 3 for my P4 a couple of months ago and they all are working as they should. Of course, I'm dealing with Amazon Canada and the batteries are shipped by a company called "UrbanInspirations." Maybe they're not sitting on the shelf as long as they do at EP Electronics?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik