Battery Charring on P4

Reaction score
Hello,
Today after flying my P4A I saw a black area in the battery compartment. I looked at all 3 batteries, and saw the same black area on one battery. While flying, I didn't notice any unusual behavior from the battery or while charging it, and it is not swollen. Does anyone know what it could be? Thank you.
IMG_1916.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    584.3 KB · Views: 188
Um,,this is what's underneath where batt sits in place,,any heat coming from here,,becareful with any batt,,it caused my freefall,,is this area hot when batt come out,,,still has me thinking so I be back...also can see those 2 pins have short mark on them,,it's possible the batt move a fraction ,,any play when batt inserted..any on screen errors come up
1556326726946-688585194.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-130600.jpg

No errors and no play with the battery. Before takeoff I always pull on the battery to see if it moves a little and none of them ever do. Should I plug it in and let it sit for a few minutes to see if it gets hot? I also didn't even notice the pins, is there something I could do about those? I got the p4 in November.

Last edited:
No errors and no play with the battery. Before takeoff I always pull on the battery to see if it moves a little and none of them ever do. Should I plug it in and let it sit for a few minutes to see if it gets hot?
Yeh could do but keep eyes on it,,you should be able to smell it too,myself till I find out where that came from I won't use that batterry for flying,,,odd or new or in between age on batt,,I know mine died at 172 charges,,but out of warranty,

I just ran it for about 30 minutes on the ground, it reached 38 degrees C, and no fluctuations in volts. When I pulled it out, it was warm but not hot.

Hello,
Today after flying my P4A I saw a black area in the battery compartment. I looked at all 3 batteries, and saw the same black area on one battery. While flying, I didn't notice any unusual behavior from the battery or while charging it, and it is not swollen. Does anyone know what it could be? Thank you.
View attachment 110861View attachment 110862
that's definitely no good, did you check battery temp while the bird was I the air?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor