Battery Cell Deviation - Safe to Fly, or ditch battery?

Reaction score
What do you think? First time see such big deviations in my battery. It shows 93% life, been charged approx 45 times. Use it, or lose it?

What do you think? First time see such big deviations in my battery. It shows 93% life, been charged approx 45 times. Use it, or lose it?

If you haven't seen them before I would use it again and see if this is the case next time, anomalies are a given with all this tech. Unfortunately they result in a bird crashing but if it was me I would fly it again and see how it goes, these batteries "normally" die slowly. I have one cell on one of my 40+ flight batteries that reads bad occasionally but never like yours. Good luck

Reactions: RozBujnik
They said these batteries should last 200-300 flights.

I have a new battery showing a bad cell. After 1 charge.

Attachments

• 1459624915984.jpg
    1459624915984.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 1459624924791.jpg
    1459624924791.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 326
I have the identical issue with a battery. I contacted DJI about it and they said to try it and see if it happens again. It has not happened again, so I guess it is ok?
This is their response.

Thank you for the feedback.

Please full charge the battery, turn on the drone and the RC, launch the APP, check the status of the battery from the APP. If there is battery cell issue, the APP would gice a error message. The APP has the mechanism to detect the battery.
Please don;t be so worrried.

I called DJI in California. They emailed me a shipping label and RMA number. They said they'll replace it. Good deal.

Try deep discharge cycle and see if it improves. Charge to 100% > Discharge to 5-8% > Charge to 100% and check the deviations.

Yep deep discharge recharge should be ok.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl