Is this battery safe to fly?

Reaction score
Hello!

My Phantom2 battery is a bit bloated/swollen, is it still safe to do 5-7 minutes flights or not at all?

Video of the batteries, with comparison (no.3):

1: normal battery
2: bad swollen battery
3: ? is it safe to fly short flights?

data:
93% percentage of life
discharging times 22times

Thank you!

Tilen

Hello!

My Phantom2 battery is a bit bloated/swollen, is it still safe to do 5-7 minutes flights or not at all?

Video of the batteries, with comparison (no.3):

1: normal battery
2: bad swollen battery
3: ? is it safe to fly short flights?

data:
93% percentage of life
discharging times 22times

Thank you!

Tilen

The oldest two batteries I have are 21 months old. Have been cycled 47 & 40 times both are a bit puffy but only maintain flight for about 6 minutes. Just checked battery number three cycled 31 times 90% but a warning message says it has a bad cell not to use it. To find out exactly what percentage of battery life those batteries have check them using your P2 software and anything 80% and under do not use.

Thank you!

So if it's 93% of life, it is unlikely that my phantom would just fall from the sky battery-dead?

At worst case it will go into red-lights after 5 minutes?

Thank you!

So if it's 93% of life, it is unlikely that my phantom would just fall from the sky battery-dead?

At worst case it will go into red-lights after 5 minutes?

This is a battery I was flying with a few weeks ago when the LED's started rapidly flashing red while in the air. Using the P2's assistant software and checking the battery I got a warning of a damaged cell so I discharged the battery and recharged it still to receive the same message. So it pays to check them when something like this happens.
Battery Warning.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj