battery auto-discharge scenarios

Reaction score
There have been discussions on this form about how the auto-discharge function on the battery can cause a crash.

Let’s say I set my auto-discharge time to 2 days (48 hours). I go for a flight, land, and turn off the battery.

Scenario (1): What happens if I begin my next flight in 47 hours, 59 minutes? Will it try to auto-discharge 1-minute into flight and/or cause a crash?

Scenario (2): Alternatively what happens if my next flight is in 48 hours and 1 minute? I.E. it has already started to auto-discharge? Will this cause a crash?

I’d hope the system is smart enough to realize the battery is being used and it will turn off auto-discharge.

1 - No
2 - No

As far as I know, firmware 1.5 is the only firmware that sometimes has trouble reading/reporting the current battery level when it's not full.

Reactions: Digdat0
Don't worry, as soon as you switch on the battery, cycle gets reset and the new cycle starts when the battery is switched off.

Hope this answers your questions.

You only got to ensure that you always fly with almost fully charged batteries. So better to check the remaining charge before flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4