Batteries

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 3 Pro about 30 to 45 days ago.

I bought it with an extra battery. Almost immediately, I had a problem and could not update the firmware, because 1 of the batteries was damaged. No problem and quick exchange and back to having 2 batteries.

Yesterday another battery failed.

I have had no crashed, no water (rain issues), etc. Normal flying in great conditions.

Is this typical we are having to buy 2 to 10 batteries a year to maintain your drone?

My experience is different. If you maintain them properly, they last long. Maintains means correct and regular charging, fly at 104F max, carry them in safe boxes. There is no reason they should fail. In fact you should observe their capacity loss over period of use.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
My experience is different. If you maintain them properly, they last long. Maintains means correct and regular charging, fly at 104F max, carry them in safe boxes. There is no reason they should fail. In fact you should observe their capacity loss over period of use.

I am super careful and always charge correctly. I have a back pack and always keep my deron and batteries protected. All flights have been line of site to date.

Maybe just bad luck?

On the DJI GO app I get an error message "Batteries defective.....bad cell....discountinue use"

I'm seeing these days that even brand new P3 boxes. Obtain bad batteries. I suspect that these boxes were prepared 4-6 months ago and were not sold. As the battery inside was not charged, it became defective. Other possibility is that these boxes were subjected to high temperatures. You never know.

You should contact DJI support for help. They will replace them for free since they are within the 6-month warranty period.

I have a question about the controller battery. I usually recharge it after each use. The lights on the controller indicate that it is still over half charged at the end of two flight batteries. Should I run it down more before recharging? Do these batteries have a "memory" like some other batteries do. I usually charge it fully before flying to not risk losing the controller due to a weak battery.

I have a question about the controller battery. I usually recharge it after each use.
There is no need to charge the remote controller after each use. The battery should last for 20+ flights.

Do these batteries have a "memory" like some other batteries do.
No.

Reactions: JWH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers