Batteries

Reaction score
To use the phantom professionally, say for half a day shooting for the client, how many batteries would you need sensibly, thank you, Mick.

You may want to consider this from a different angle. Once you get much above 3 or 4 you should really be thinking about recharging whilst you fly, You can do this from a vehicle of course if necessary. I wouldnt go out and buy 10 batteries just so you can film for two hours.

You may want to consider this from a different angle. Once you get much above 3 or 4 you should really be thinking about recharging whilst you fly, You can do this from a vehicle of course if necessary. I wouldnt go out and buy 10 batteries just so you can film for two hours.

The problem you'll run into charging in the field is the cool down period. Still going to need at least 6 maybe more. 20 minutes on, 30 minute at least cool down before it'll will accept another charge.

Reactions: Hughie
The problem you'll run into charging in the field is the cool down period. Still going to need at least 6 maybe more. 20 minutes on, 30 minute at least cool down before it'll will accept another charge.

Good point.

Reactions: jlo
Thankyou both, and Hughie, im just up the road from you in Ripon

Looks greener and more flyable up there mick :)

5-6 batteries would be about the minimum if you're planning on recharging with a single charger as you go.

Reactions: mick
I'll have 2 chargers, 5 batteries, and can plug 2 at a time into the Bestek inverter in car. Cool-down is 15 minutes or less for batteries if holding in front of A/C vent and slowly rotating.

Reactions: mick
As long as you’re only charging using a 1-3 C rate, cool down is not necessary.

In the field I use an iCharger 106B+ powered from various 12VDC source - commonly charge my P1 2.2Ah bricks @ 6A. Throw ‘em on immediately after flight and they actually cool as they charge (yes, I use external temp sensors from the 106B+ and sometimes an IR temp gun to monitor)

Ready to go again under 15 minutes so as long as I bring 3-5 bricks, I’m flying all day if I want…

Reactions: Hughie
I have 5 batteries. Can fly all day. After use slap the battery in front of the AC for a few minutes and it will charge right up.

Been doing this since 5-04-15 when I got my P3 pro and hasn't effected my batteries one bit. I'm getting one more battery today I think 6 is perfrct for all day unlimited flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20