Batteries - just how dangerous are they?

Reaction score
I note, looking through threads and watching instructional videos, that there is a great emphasis on battery safety, particularly the chance of ignition and risk of fire danger.

I normally store my batteries in the drone carry case which provides no fire-safety at all.

Do others do the same or is it worth considering storing batteries in a Lipo safe bag?

Any suggestions and feedback?

Thanks,

Pete.

I use lipo safe bags while traveling by plane.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Healthy LiPO's that aren't fully depleted, or worse, fully charged, are very unlikely to violently erupt into flames unless physically damaged. They will perform poorly or show signs of puffing if they are in bad shape. When they do fail it is usually during fast discharge or while being charged.

While it's very rare to hear of DJI batteries bursting into flames, I didn't want to take any chances since I store my batteries in my house. I'm using the HOBBYTIGER LiPo bags. They are made well and can hold up to four Phantom batteries (unless you stack more on top of one another). For only $12, it gives me great peace of mind.

LipoBag.jpg

Don't see it as an issue. My local hobby shops don't either.

Thousands of LiPos have been on the shelves over the last decade+ or so.

Careful using the cheap knock offs.
I bought the HOBBYTIGER bags based on the comments at Amazon. Someone there had a LiPo fire and the bag contained the fire.

Fire.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers