Batteries dead?

Reaction score
I did a bad thing. I stored my smart batteries fully charged for 6 months. They showed 4 green lights when I put them in the vision but only flew for 3 minutes or less then landed with the low battery alarm. I have put one of them back on charge and it shows 3 greens so far. Should i charge and discharge them several times? I hope i did not ruin them. Any advice is appreciated.

If they are puffy, you should dispose of them. If not, then try depleting them completely by running them in your Phantom or via a compatible battery discharger. And, then recharge them. That process will re-balance the battery cells. If you experience the same issue after they have been re-balanced, then you should replace them.

Hi Ken,
You might try recharging them and running them down to 8%, then recharge fully. Discharge the battery while flying close in, then finish with no props to 8%. I would also check the battery life (press and hold the power button on the smart battery).

In my experience, I don't trust a battery with less than 90% battery life. No long distance or over water because you might have an unplanned landing.:eek:

Unless you changed the battery settings, wouldn't they discharge down to 50% or so automatically after 10 days or whatever the default is?

It depends which firmware is installed on the batteries. Not all versions of the P2 firmware include that feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj