Batteries at 100% but only flying for 3 minutes

I thought I knew not to expect a simple answer not sure I much better I feel now knowing this dji proprietary business is even worst than could imagine. /me sigh..

at least I still got a phantom1 I could "fix" just that it only has one 3s 2200 batt not sure how I feel about building lipos after having my first lipo fire charging an Old 3s pack inside of dx3r on my bench melting everything within a foot radius.
thanks guys for all the replies
as for this original posting (is there any chance of bringing this particular batt back per the op) guess the simple answer is No since it sound like his batteries sat long enuff to not self depleting but dji special or intelligently BMS it to death.

at least I still got a phantom1 I could "fix" just that it only has one 3s 2200 batt not sure how I feel about building lipos after having my first lipo fire charging an Old 3s pack inside of dx3r on my bench melting everything within a foot radius.
thanks guys for all the replies
as for this original posting (is there any chance of bringing this particular batt back per the op) guess the simple answer is No since it sound like his batteries sat long enuff to not self depleting but dji special or intelligently BMS it to death.

I just checked eBay for prices on aftermarket check this out.
New Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Drone Quadcopter Flight 5200mAh 11.1V 763769794510 | eBay

I just checked my 5 batteries and only to need charging to bring them up 50 percent. the oldest of the dates back to 2014 and the other 4 were purchased Oct of 2015.

thanks J but $50 with shipping is pretty steep for aftermarket plus I thought the fw don't allow motor to fly after dji police do bms check

just gotta solder them balancing wires

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 348
just gotta solder them balancing wires

That is an old P2 battery and will not work. What you need is one of the new batteries that have the square copper info pads. I have done that mod but never used it because the price of aftermarket batteries was so cheap. Just because that battery link had shipping charges doesn't mean all of the others charge s/h. Just go into eBay and type this in phantom 2 vision plus 5200mAh 11.1v batteries.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj