Basic Fly database Update

Reaction score
I have a P3P and I haven't update the software since I purchased it, base on my previous experience and comments I've read in this forum.

I haven't flown in maybe 6 months.

Today I went to fly and when i turned on my controller the red light immediately came on (vs green) and the DJI app had a pop up which said "basic fly safe database update found please update as soon as possible"

Has DJI finally caught up with me and I need to download this new database......OR.....is there something I should do!!!

Ignore. If you update, it will add places you cannot fly. Rarely does it remove any. Update is not mandatory but always check the maps before flight. B4UFLY is a good choice to keep you out of trouble. You have not been caught. Lol

If you update, it will add places you cannot fly.
Are you referring to locations where it's illegal to fly? Or are you suggesting it will restrict you from flying in locations where it's legal to fly?

Are you referring to locations where it's illegal to fly? Or are you suggesting it will restrict you from flying in locations where it's legal to fly?
Each update will add new restrictions. No fly or others. Doesn't mean it will effect your location.

Ignore. If you update, it will add places you cannot fly. Rarely does it remove any. Update is not mandatory but always check the maps before flight. B4UFLY is a good choice to keep you out of trouble. You have not been caught. Lol
On the other hand if you don't update it it will not do a self unlock in an enhanced warning zone.

Reactions: Capt KO
My Mav Mini gives a warning every flight at home, whereas my Phantom, not updated, does not. Concerns an unused heliport next door. No biggie, just another button to press.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I'd rather have the updated list to keep me legal and prevent issue to others. One button press vs perhaps flying where I shouldn't, or get a warning for something I wasn't aware of? I'll take it every time.

Actually, that's just the opposite of what it does now.

Updates routinely shrink GEO Fence and NFZs now. They are becoming more accurately and less restrictive.

I'd rather have the updated list to keep me legal and prevent issue to others. One button press vs perhaps flying where I shouldn't, or get a warning for something I wasn't aware of? I'll take it every time.
Bad news - any relationship between DJI geo zones and controlled air space is purely coincidental. DJI will happily let you fly in controlled airspace.
I know of one spot that is a 0ft LANNAC where DJI has nothing to say.
Having said that the DJI geo zones are perhaps actually more intelligent than the FAA's point of view
But nonetheless if you want to be legal do not count on DJI to inform you.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan