Bangor Co Down N.Ireland

Reaction score
My favs spot to chill on our lovely coastal path.I hope you enjoy. I'm new to video editing so any constructive critisisism is welcome

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome stuff, Karl. Been there a few times- the vid looks amazing and well put together. I'm from Newcastle Co Down, getting a P4 next week and can't wait. Bit scared to fly it though!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Awesome stuff, Karl. Been there a few times- the vid looks amazing and well put together. I'm from Newcastle Co Down, getting a P4 next week and can't wait. Bit scared to fly it though!

Have you had a drone before? They are really easy to fly. Make sure to calibrate and do pre flight checks. I've read that to fly too close to reflective surfaces such as water can end in disaster. I've had no problems at all. Live it. Pity about our weather and my work schedule. Gets in the way of making more videos and gaining experience. Enjoy. I look forward to seeing your work.

Had a Syma x5-c for a few months, was getting quite confident until it flew away in the wind. I know what it's like to lose a £20 drone, a phantom is another thing altogether! Baby steps and big, open spaces first I think. I'm an outdoor instructor and hope eventually to make some mountainbiking/bouldering/hiking vids etc. Time and weather will tell. Thanks.

Had a Syma x5-c for a few months, was getting quite confident until it flew away in the wind. I know what it's like to lose a £20 drone, a phantom is another thing altogether! Baby steps and big, open spaces first I think. I'm an outdoor instructor and hope eventually to make some mountainbiking/bouldering/hiking vids etc. Time and weather will tell. Thanks.

The gps will hold its position and fight the wind. I measure wind strength before fight. I don't fly above 15 mph winds. In my video at start you can watch the phantom fighting the wind (Slo mo)..it was 15 mph winds with gusts that day. It never moved more than a ft or two. If you intend filming mountain biking in woods (Donald park maybe :) Might be hard to get gps lock. Would be protected from wind though.A little trickier to fly. Practice in attitude mode in an open field on a very calm day. Can switch between modes at the flick of a switch so don't panic. It will hone your skills. Great fun too.

Great video. Just got my first drone yesterday P3 pro. Still watching you tube videos. Someday I will pick up the courage to actually fly it lol. Quite a few spots around lurgan to choose from.

Reactions: Karl Jordan
Nice video. Your opening sound effect is of a helicopter. Suggest recording the actual sound of your own drone and using that instead.

Reactions: Karl Jordan
Had a wee go this evening in Donard Park. Was expecting it to be stable, but it was way better than I hoped, even when the wind picked up. Managed to go a whopping 150m away- scary stuff! Panicked a bit and pressed RTH, it landed at my feet.

Just out of curiosity are there many N.I members in the group
Don't know.im new and have only posted a few things.Not doing too bad so far :) Get that drone in the air. It's a great and easy to fly machine. See my earlier quotes on this thread re checklist.

Had a wee go this evening in Donard Park. Was expecting it to be stable, but it was way better than I hoped, even when the wind picked up. Managed to go a whopping 150m away- scary stuff! Panicked a bit and pressed RTH, it landed at my feet.

Glad you had a good time. There are a few failsafes.The map view is great.I love the way it draws a line between yourself and drone. If not using a mobile device such as me (iPad) ensure you have cached maps of area at home before you leave.look forward to seeing your vids.Have followed you.

Great video. Just got my first drone yesterday P3 pro. Still watching you tube videos. Someday I will pick up the courage to actually fly it lol. Quite a few spots around lurgan to choose from.
Challenge ...get it up on Sunday.its to be a good day and post vid here. :) :)

Reactions: John Lambe
Glad you had a good time. There are a few failsafes.The map view is great.I love the way it draws a line between yourself and drone. If not using a mobile device such as me (iPad) ensure you have cached maps of area at home before you leave.look forward to seeing your vids.Have followed you.

Challenge ...get it up on Sunday.its to be a good day and post vid here. :) :)

I'll try if it's not too windy. A simple flyover of the beach- no fancy stuff yet. Don't expect too much. Ps. How do you follow someone?

Glad I did - thanks for the challenge. Got it to about 550m, then someone talked to me and I lost VLOS and brought it back. Can't believe just how stable and easy this is - I'm afraid I'm hooked!! I think the Mournes are next!

Glad I did - thanks for the challenge. Got it to about 550m, then someone talked to me and I lost VLOS and brought it back. Can't believe just how stable and easy this is - I'm afraid I'm hooked!! I think the Mournes are next!
Great vid.lovely colours and textures. I'm intending to fly the hares gap To the saddle route in the mournes . Keep it up.

Thanks, though to be fair it's the subject matter and not my film making skills. I was just concentrating on flying it out and back and not losing it, rather than planning creative shots for a video. Hare's gap is lovely - there are loads of interesting features in the Mournes - Bernagh slabs, the castles, Binnian tors etc. Just wish it was the summer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic